Advice - Destiny aft or Lido deck balcony?

manlie

I am trying to decide between the 2 cabins for an upcoming cruise. I have never been in an aft but I know people covet them. The price difference is minimal, so that is not a factor. There a are few issues at play though. I am pregnant so the thought of being close to the food and my own washroom is appealing. I am traveling with my mom, who had knee surgery last year, so I am little concerned about too much walking for her. It generally isn't a problem but I am not sure how often she has to do stairs on a daily basis. The aft cabins that are available are on the 7th floor, so from what I understand don't have the stairway access to the Lido deck. I have also read a few reviews that make them sound like the aft rooms are slightly less spacious. As I may be napping/lounging quite a bit I think we may want any extra space we can get. The last factor is that I want a balcony that will offer the most sun so I can tan out there (I am not sure how confident I will be in my bathing suit with this new belly :o).

So, given my long winded explanations, I would appreciate a little help deciding on location.

Thanks!

Archived