Park Cafe and land excursions

Its says the Park Cafe doubles as a green market, where you can load up on supplies such as food, drinks, and snacks, for your stateroom or land excursions.

So, I was just wondering if anyone has taken advantage and packed up a lunch to take off the ship? If so, how was it?

Thanks!

I´m not sure where you got this information. But that´s not what Park Café is meant for! BTW in most ports you´re not allowed to take any fresh produce either on land nor back onboard!

And there aren´t any bottled drinks available at the Park Café maybe except for Evian water (and you will be able to buy water onshore for way less money). Any other drinks will be opened. And of course you have to pay for them.

steamboats

When I saw this, it was first on the virtual trade show. (travel agents) I know from previous cruises that they had always said you could not take food off the ship. So when I saw this I was suprised and wanted to know if anyone has tried this. I have many clients ask me about it.

I have found it on RCCL web site. You can find this under plan a cruise. Click on Oasis. At the bottom of the page it says, Learn more about: Click on Onboard Experience, Food and Drink. Park Cafe and it has the discription of what I wrote on my previous post.

So maybe, they have changed there ways. Just curious!!!

Its says the Park Cafe doubles as a green market, where you can load up on supplies such as food, drinks, and snacks, for your stateroom or land excursions.

So, I was just wondering if anyone has taken advantage and packed up a lunch to take off the ship? If so, how was it?

Thanks!

I cant tell you where I read it but I did read it too and thought ,wow thats something new that you can take food on shore with you.

I never knew you couldn't take food off the ship. It's not like they check your bags or anything when you get off.

Pre-packaged food is fine but fresh food, especially fruits and veggies pose a risk, as they might carry pests/diseases not native to where you are visiting, which can decimate local crops.

Where I am originally from, there are almost no elm trees left because of Dutch elm disease, which came in with a type of beetle.

Archived