Party of 5 - what rooms hold us?

Atlantamom3

Hello! I realize that some ships have big suites that hold parties of 5, however, those costs are not realistic for us. Does NCL have any ship that has one room for five besides a suite? We are looking at RCI Freedom and then NCL ships. My husband has never cruised, our boys have been one one cruise when they were 4,2, and 3 months! They are now 8,6,and 4. I believe they will LOVE it! Any suggesstions for groups of 5?

At the moment, I am looking at leaving either Port Canaveral/Fort Lauderdale or New Orleans, since we want to drive from Atlanta.

Thanks!

We can't wait to go!!!!

;):o:D:p:)

RCCL has rooms which are not suites, which will sleep 5. These are "family" rooms.On the Freedom class, there's family interior, family oceanview, family with balcony... and then there's the large suites like royal family suite and presidential family suite. The RCCL website won't allow you to book 5 in a single room, so you would have to call them directly or call a TA to book. For 3 kids, I much preferred this type of setup over connecting rooms.

Hello! I realize that some ships have big suites that hold parties of 5, however, those costs are not realistic for us. Does NCL have any ship that has one room for five besides a suite? We are looking at RCI Freedom and then NCL ships. My husband has never cruised, our boys have been one one cruise when they were 4,2, and 3 months! They are now 8,6,and 4. I believe they will LOVE it! Any suggesstions for groups of 5?

At the moment, I am looking at leaving either Port Canaveral/Fort Lauderdale or New Orleans, since we want to drive from Atlanta.

Thanks!

We can't wait to go!!!!

;):o:D:p:)

To my knowledge, NCL does not have any non-suites that hold five. However, NCL does have connecting cabins (there is a door between the two cabin that will turn the two cabins into one big one) that you might want to look into.

Royal Caribbean does have non-suites that sleep five.

RCCL has rooms which are not suites, which will sleep 5. These are "family" rooms.On the Freedom class, there's family interior, family oceanview, family with balcony... and then there's the large suites like royal family suite and presidential family suite. The RCCL website won't allow you to book 5 in a single room, so you would have to call them directly or call a TA to book. For 3 kids, I much preferred this type of setup over connecting rooms.

You forgot the promenade view family cabin. However, the balcony family cabin is a suite. It is called the Royal Family Suite.

We had the FV "Family Veranda" cabin on Celebrity and loved it! It sleeps 5. It felt very spacious and the big aft balcony was wonderful -- we ate a lot of our meals there. With two toddlers we spent a lot of time on the balcony and thought it well-worth the price. Since RCCL is a sister company I wonder if their family cabins are similar?

I had the same problem, and we booked rccl indy. Only we have an infant, so we can go in any room on rccl. Your youngest is older soo..you would have to do a family cabin. or on ncl you have to have two rooms or a big suite. I plan to cruise alot untill my son turns 2. Then I'll go with two rooms.

Hi we had a family oceanview on Explorer last Feb and it was plenty big enough for the 5 of us, me, DH, DS 8 and twin DD's 5 - DH and I had a double bed with a curtain partition the kids all slept for 12 nights on the sofa bed in the lounge area and we hardly used the other bedroom with bunk beds except to keep the suitcases and clothes.

We are going on Freedom on 7th Feb and this time we have booked a family promenade cabin - don't get me wrong we loved the family oceanview on deck 8 but because it was right at the front of the ship you felt everything especially on the last day when we had force 9 winds and 28ft waves which were hitting our cabin porthole so we thought we would try the middle of the ship this time and hopefully a promenade won't feel quite like and inside!

We did look at interconnecting balconies which weren't that much more expensive than the family oceanview but you need to book quite to get to interconnecting cabins and as we only booked 4 weeks before we sail we didn't have that option this time!

We had the FV "Family Veranda" cabin on Celebrity and loved it! It sleeps 5. It felt very spacious and the big aft balcony was wonderful -- we ate a lot of our meals there. With two toddlers we spent a lot of time on the balcony and thought it well-worth the price. Since RCCL is a sister company I wonder if their family cabins are similar?

The "Family Veranda" cabins on Royal Caribbean are called Royal Family Suites.

Archived