First Week of July Weather, Possible Cancellations, and Phone Calls From the Ship ?s

champ.49er

This is my 2nd cruise with the first cruise over 10 years ago. I'm going the first week of July 2010 and had a few questions as I consider myself a newbie? I'm about to make all our excursion reservations direct (not through the cruise line) to save some money. Most of the excursions say a 48 hour notice is required for full refund.

First question, does the weather in July 2010 get bad enough that it could possibly have the ship skip our port?

Second question, in the event I need to make cancellations 48 hours in advance of our excursions, does the ship have a phone we can use?

Third question, I'm planning on borrowing a cell phone from my work that will work in Mexico, but is the ship's course close enough to cell reception (dumb question, I know, but I had to ask)?

There are phones in your room on the ship and you can make calls to shore but it is extremely expensive. I had to do it once in a bit of an emergency - yikes!

The weather in July shouldn't be a problem in regards to skipping ports. It is very hot in July and not the rainy season

Many touroperators have a "No port-no pay" guarantee. Check with yours.

In case your ship cancels the port, they will refund your money.

Unlikely your ship will skip port due to weather. We purchase an internet plan on board ship, and use e-mail for our communication needs, while at sea. It is easier to communicate with most tours by email. No, you will not get cell service and you cruise near the coast. We use our cell phones in Mexico sparingly, at a high cost.

Archived