Help, Dunns River

craftkook

I am getting overwhelmed with deciding who to use for the Dunns River/River Tubing tour. I'm worried about doing it so early in the morning, will it be cold. Some of the tours say there is an hour of shopping with it and we really don't want to do that, just the fall and the tubing. My problem is I over plan so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!! We are going to be there March 3.

I am getting overwhelmed with deciding who to use for the Dunns River/River Tubing tour. I'm worried about doing it so early in the morning, will it be cold. Some of the tours say there is an hour of shopping with it and we really don't want to do that, just the fall and the tubing. My problem is I over plan so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!! We are going to be there March 3.

We did the Dunn's River Falls and the White River tube ride in October. If you go early you might miss the crowds and have time to do other things when you finish. We used Mark Morris, and he is great. He will see that you are safe and well taken care of. Check him out at www.markstours.com

We did DRF as our first stop just a couple weeks ago ..... the water is ALWAYS cold so Mark took us before the crowds got there (made for better picture ops too). We are from Florida & our cruise occurred during a cold snap (only one day that you could sun your self on deck - all the rest too cold) but at DRF after that first cold dunk you are climbing & the water begins to feel great.

When we went tubing later in the day we did not do the extra high jump / swing stuff offered - just enjoyed the Red Stripe and then finished our tubing trip. Don't let the cold water put you off from going - DRF is not to be missed!

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having this dilemma. I think i have narrowed it down to two tour operators. I think i am leaning more to Marva Shaw, as everytime I have emailed her, she has gotten back with me within 24 hour period and answered my many questions. the extra time i will spend at the beach instead of shoppingl

In Ocho Rios you can simply walk to the entrance of the cruise terminal to find licensed taxis. There are posted rates. When we were there we did this and had the driver take us to the falls park and pick us up later in the day.

Archived