Back from Pacific Jewel

hungryhippo

I got back yesterday from the Pacific jewel and LOVED it. Wish I was still on there!! I will try and write a review soon, I am sick at the moment so trying to get bed rest!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have:D

hi hungry hippo

glad to hear you loved your cruise, always that feeling when you get off the ship, you sometimes wish you could hide under the bed and take the next cruise.

get well soon and keep us posted with your review.

I got back yesterday from the Pacific jewel and LOVED it. Wish I was still on there!! I will try and write a review soon, I am sick at the moment so trying to get bed rest!

Albeit very briefly, its actually nice to hear that someone has got something good to say about the Jewell. Looking forward in reading your review:) Hope your feeling better soon, hope it wasnt the ship that made you ill:p

Hi, so glad to hear you loved it! we returned off the Jewel 9th Jan and haven't had time to do review yet :( but like you I loved it and had a wonderful time, I also wasn't feeling too well last week (after being off the ship for two days) I joked about it saying I felt "shipwrecked" :p maybe I was suffering 'withdrawls' missing being on board, hope you are feeling better soon :) Nett

Great to hear. get well soon.

Did you have theme nights like country and western or Hawaiian instead of fromal nights.

Regards

Jancy

Hi Jancy,

We had two formal nights and an island night. No other themed nights that were published in the pacific daily. I think the other dress up type things were parties that they had. The retro dress up party was a big dance in the Marquee where people all went to dance to music from different decades. Even then - only a few people dressed up. I was told there was a country and western lunch that some people dressed up for, however I don't remember reading about this anywhere.

Does anyone know where I write my review? Or can I just publish it on the forums here?

Hungryhippo-

Please write your review on the Board Review page. That way anyone interested in this ship can find it easily.

Look at the top of the page where there is a yellow strip accross the top, and click on "Reviews" on the right hand side.

Thank you in advance. I look forward to reading it.

Great to hear that you loved your cruise on Jewel.

Really looking forward to your review, hate to put LOTS of pressure on....LOL

We have book for Dec and am keen as it will be our second, and after that I will know whether I am an addict. Also keen to hear others as the first reviews were a bit so so!

Cheers

Richard

Loved your reading your review, thank you :)

It's great to read positives, I'm looking forward to the Asian dinner, sounds awesome.

Think we'll use the dining room a lot more this cruise than we did on the last one.

OUCH!! terrible to hear one of the girls fell and injured herself, hope she will be Ok soon.

The bars sound good, plenty of places to have a drink and a show or listen to music/karaoke then.

I'm looking forward to our cruise even more now. Roll on October!! :)

Hope your feeling a lot better now.

Lizard©

Hi!

Sorry your not well, get better soon! My folks are booked on the Jewel in May and their travel agent has told them that they have to find their own way from the ship to the airport on return??!! Last 2 cruises with P & O the busses took us to the airport....any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi Hungryhippo.

Loved reading your review. You are a lovely writer and made it sound lovely.

Did you guys know there is - Index of cruise reviews - as a sticky at the top of the P&O - Australia Threads page?

It would be great if you could also post a link to your review there HungryHippo. There are a few headings that you just copy and fill out so everyone knows the ship etc and then post a link.

That is where I look for reviews. I have found more there than on the main CruiseCritic Reviews page.

What does everybody else think?

Hi!

Sorry your not well, get better soon! My folks are booked on the Jewel in May and their travel agent has told them that they have to find their own way from the ship to the airport on return??!! Last 2 cruises with P & O the busses took us to the airport....any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi yes this was also available with the disembarkation form that everyone needed to fill in. As far as I remember it was $15 pp to catch the shuttle to the airport and it was only available for people who had a flight after 12pm.

Archived