Earthquakes

tarheel04

No they can't...............

LOL. I was going to say the same thing, but it gets tiresome always having to correct certain people.

On the other hand Royal Carribean does call on their privat island in Haiti and they are waiting for permission to resume sailings to it.

This is not correct. Royal Caribbean never stopped going to Labadee, Haiti. If fact, since the quake, they have been transporting donated goods via their ships.

On the news they said the ppl on one of the military ships felt yesterday's big aftershock. I guess a lot of them thought the ship might have run aground, but it hadn't, it was the earthquake.

I find this one odd. I am a former Marine who spent a lot of time at sea. Earthquakes are rarely, if ever, felt while at sea.

I find this one odd. I am a former Marine who spent a lot of time at sea. Earthquakes are rarely, if ever, felt while at sea.

Yeah, I thought it sounded odd. Maybe the ship was really close to the fault or something? It was one of the ships that is there to help in the disaster recovery, so it wasn't all that far out from the shore.

No they can't...............

this is rather rhetorical. The point is, they can't be predicted and they happen from time to time in the caribbean. Cayman had a 6.4 quake in 2004. in short, the didnt and wouldnt unless there was some highly extenuating circumstances.

Lots of little earth quakes are a good thing.

It's just a fact of life down in the Caribbean along with Volcanos in the Eastern Caribbean and Mexico. The South Pacific has the same issue for cruise ships as does the northwest US/Canada.

There is a group of us getting ready to leave for Miami this week and board the Liberty as well this coming weekend and we haven't heard of any itinerary change.We actually never really thought about it....was there an aftershock in Grand Caymen?At least the weather in Miami looks promising compared to the last couple of weeks...happy cruising!!

On the news they said the ppl on one of the military ships felt yesterday's big aftershock. I guess a lot of them thought the ship might have run aground, but it hadn't, it was the earthquake. I've only experienced one earthquake and that was on a mountain in the Alps, so I didn't realize you'd be able to feel it at sea.

no way you could feel an earthquake on a military ship. i was in the navy and stationed in san diego. never did i feel an earthquake while i was out to sea or even docked at the pier. maybe they thought they felt an earthquake. your body does crazy things when you know things, like earthquakes are happening. just think, when someone says they have lice and start scratching your head, most people will subconsciously scratch their heads as well. mind over matter.

Archived