Pressing Shirts/Pants

hvyhttr

We would like to dress up a bit for the elegant nights but know that our clothes will be wrinkled beyond belief after being packed for 3 days. My question is, how much does it cost to have shirts, pants, dresses pressed on the ship? We will be on the Triumph...

Why pay? There are irons in the laundry rooms, use them for your shirts.

For pants and jackets, bring a travel size bottle of Downy Wrinkle Free and lightly spray the garments as you hang them in the closet. Wrinkle free also works okay on shirts if they've been previously pressed by your dry cleaners and you are wearing a jacket which will hide most of the wrinkles.

You can also take your jacket and pants up to the steam room and hold them there for about 5 minutes then bring them back to the closet (do this at least the morning prior to elegant night if not first thing unpacking so they dry). Finally learn how to bundle pack clothes so they don't wrinkle or wrinkle as much. Then a light spray of Wrinkle free and you'll be just fine.

I have had adequate results with wrinkle releasing products when needed. It won't put those nice crisp creases in, though, and it still takes some patience and/or work to get the deeper wrinkles out (if ever).

Packing is the key to nice clothes with minimum labor on board. I know it's a lot of work up front, but sure frees up the fun time later.

A fellow passenger from the UK once had clothing that always looked so fabulous that I simply had to comment on the amount of time he must be spending in the laundry facilities. Not at all. His mum used to work for the Royal Family and learned the technique there. She did his packing for the trip. He mentioned "tissue paper", and I couldn't get a mental image at the time.

I subsequently looked it up on YouTube. The technique is there, in 2 parts. Here are the links, for your packing pleasure:

We would like to dress up a bit for the elegant nights but know that our clothes will be wrinkled beyond belief after being packed for 3 days. My question is, how much does it cost to have shirts, pants, dresses pressed on the ship? We will be on the Triumph...

As suggestion for the male of your group, assuming there is one. have the clothes laundered at home, and back them still in the plastic from the cleaners. That and a little downy wrinkle releaser and his will be perfect.

Does anyone just have the actual cost to have things pressed by the ship? I'm too lazy to pack each item with tissue/plastic etc - I'd rather just pay someone to do it while I'm there. I'm on vacation - I don't want to spend it getting wrinkles out. I took the downey wrinkle releaser last year and it sucked.

I took the downey wrinkle releaser last year and it sucked.

I found that it doesnt work on ALL materials but the majority of them it seems to..I use it alot and I think it works great! and is a "must have" in my suitcase :)

I have used their pressing service many times for my evening dresses and DH's Tux. I just give them to the room steward as soon as we get in the room. Here is the list of prices from Carnival's website.

Are there Laundry Services available on board?

Laundry Services In addition to self-service launderettes on each ship, there is a valet laundry service on board; dry cleaning is not available. Following is the price list; this service is handled through the room Steward:

Mens Item Wash Press; Press Only

Suit 2-Piece: n/a; $7.00

Suit 3-Piece: n/a; $8.00

Jacket: $5.00; $3.75

Blazer: $5.00; $3.75

Over Coat: $8.00; $6.00

Trousers: $5.00; $4.00

T-Shirt: $2.00; $1.50

Shorts: $4.00; $3.00

Under Shorts: $2.00; $1.50

Track Suit: $7.00; $5.00

Pajamas: $4.00; $3.00

Pair of Socks: $2.00; n/a

Jeans: $4.00; $3.00

Shirt: $4.00; $3.00

Tie: $2.00; $1.50

Ladies Item Wash Press; Press Only

Suit 2-piece: n/a;$7.00

Dress: $7.50; $6.00

Shirt/Blouse: $4.00; $3.00

Silk Blouse: $5.00; $3.75

Skirt: $5.00; $4.00

Jacket: $5.00; $3.75

Over Coat: $8.00; $6.00

Slacks/Pants: $5.00; $4.00

Shorts: $4.00; $3.00

Panties/Bra/Slip: $2.00; n/a

Jeans: $4.00; $3.00

T-Shirt: $2.00; $1.50

Track Suit: $7.00; $5.00

Nightgown/PJ's: $5.00; $3.75

Swim Suit: $3.00; $2.00

Pair of Socks: $2.00; n/a

Scarf: $3.50; $2.75

Handkerchief: $2.00; $1.25

In addition to Drew's wife list, be aware there is a 50% surcharge for same day service.

So get your stuff to your steward as soon as you see him on day one.

I used to have my suit dry cleaned, and then carry a garment bag. Now, I just throw the suit in my suitcase, and have it pressed. They do a GREAT job, and it's cheaper on board than the local cleaner!

Archived