Monarch of the Seas / Highlights ?

Cre

Newbie to RCCL. What food item, drink, nigh spot, and or activities should I NOT miss on the Monatch of the Seas?

You definitely should not miss the Not-so-Newlywed Game or Quest. Both are held later in the evening as to their content. But worth staying up to see.

Leaving on the Monarch next week for a 3-nighter.

Chris from FLA

Newbie to RCCL. What food item, drink, nigh spot, and or activities should I NOT miss on the Monatch of the Seas?

Don't miss trivia with Stephon or the muster with Carlos. Both could give the paid comedians a run for their money.

Quest is a game, where they ask the participants to find "odd" items....depending on the crowd, it can be a hoot! Not everyone in the audience is a "participant", but you can volunteer, if you like....they film it, and show it on the RCI channel on the ship endlessly!

• 5 weeks later...

Any other highlights? Which is the most fun bar? Who is the piano player in the Schooner Bar and how is he?

Where's a good place to be for sailaway? We usually like aft bars but I don't see one on Monarch. Is there one back there or at least some tables and chairs?

Good places to find snacks? Are the pastries in the coffee shop free or do you have to pay for them? Do they have fresh pasta in the Windjammer? Stir fry?

We're booked for Monarch in June. We'll definitely try to make it to the Quest show.

One thing that I would check out, and was upset that we didn't find it until our last day on the cruise ship in October...walk all the way to the back of the ship from the pool deck, and follow the steps down. Each deck on the way down has a few seats that there was never anyone in...a great place to get away for some quiet with great views, especially at night if you want some quiet time with a drink or five :)

Any other highlights? Which is the most fun bar? Who is the piano player in the Schooner Bar and how is he?My experience is the guy in the piano bar isn't too great. :mad:

Where's a good place to be for sailaway? We usually like aft bars but I don't see one on Monarch. Is there one back there or at least some tables and chairs?There is not an aft bar, but there is a bar by the pool, best place for sailaway is on the deck by the pool.

Good places to find snacks? Are the pastries in the coffee shop free or do you have to pay for them? Do they have fresh pasta in the Windjammer? Stir fry?If there is a coffee shop you do have to pay for the pastries. Yes they have pasta in the windjammer most of the time, and also an asian corner with stir fry, also Indian food. They have a really good chili dip on room service menu, also a great cheese/fruit tray.

We're booked for Monarch in June. We'll definitely try to make it to the Quest show.

They have a pretty good past guest party if you're a past guest I'd go to that too. Good wine and appetizers.

I also highly recommend their 70's party they do in the atrium area. Get there early and dance, or just watch people if that's your thing. It's alot of fun.

Archived