Taxi or Bananarama ride

tols

I used Bananarama's transport. The vehicles were much nicer than the local taxis; however, on the way back to the ship, the brakes locked up and burned so the driver had to get me into a local taxi. Wouldn't want to repeat that experience, but I imagine if you arranged with a taxi rather than flagging it down you would be okay.

Taxis are charging at least $20.00 per person for cruisers these days to get to West Bay Beach. For locals, it is $5.00 each way no matter how many in the car! If you are a good negotiator and walk a bit out of the dock area (to the left) and flag one down, you will get a much better rate! Just tell them you live on the island and are not a tourist!

Was the cost difference between taxi and bananarama much?

Thanks

I think it was the same, but I had a scuba diving package so they included it as one cost. Also, to clarify the vehicle problem, there was some deep water right outside the dive shop that that the cars had to drive through. I think a pipe may have busted. I'm guessing that's what damaged the brakes and I was just "lucky" enough to have that happen.

Archived