Price drop

The Postman

While we normally sail with Princess, we have sailed twice with Disney. My question is this, does Disney ever drop their price after final payment is due? If they do, do they do, do they offer any type of onboard credit, etc.

Case in point, I'm looking at a Mediterranean sailing this April, the final payment is due this week. I have yet to book it even though the price seems reasonable, if not cheap, for an 11-day cruise with this itinerary.

As the price is "cheap" already, it would seem that Disney must have lots of inventory left unsold. What's the chance that Disney will drop the price further after the final payment deadline?

Thanks for any insight anyone may be able to offer?

I know they just reduced the price on the Eastbound Transatlantic in April, and they did not allow people already paid in full to reshop it for the lower rate. I'm not sure if they already reduced any other sailings for that time or not.

I am wondering the same thing about the Baltic cruises.

In 2007 we paid-in-full for the Med cruise and right after DCL dropped the price of their Cat 12's. We called our TA and she was able to take us from a Cat 6 for about $13000 to a Cat 12 for around $5000. Then we were upgraded to Cat 10 SPH. It was great because after booking airfare we were having sticker shock and this made it doable.

I posted this on another board but no one is interested.

We are currently booked on NCL's Epic inaugural 7 day transatlantic in two brand new connecting balcony cabins for $3872 through Costco. Even if I double that (granted there are no stops) to 14 days it comes to $3500 LESS than a Cat 12 on DCL's Baltic cruise.

I looked on travelocity and they show at least 7 cabins available in Cat's 7-11. That's just the ones they will let us see.

We are still holding out to see what happens after the deadline, who knows? Maybe.

You must have one of the outside rooms. I booked an inside room a long time ago and the price has not changed. I have been watching because my travel agent has always got me upgrades and/or money back when the prices have dropped. I have not had that on Disney but the travel agent I use does a large majority Disney Cruises.

I have been checking and the Transatlantic in April has had all inside rooms full for a long time. They still have a lot of outside rooms available.

I know they just reduced the price on the Eastbound Transatlantic in April, and they did not allow people already paid in full to reshop it for the lower rate. I'm not sure if they already reduced any other sailings for that time or not.

Archived