Does anyone know how the .kids clubs work when at ports?

valleymom

Camp Carnival is usually open from arrival time in port until 5:00pm. Sometimes the times vary depending on the ship and the itinerary. They do not charge for this service and they carry on their full schedule of activities.

They sometimes close for lunch for an hour or two. They do allow parents to go ashore. They have a sign in sheet which asks what tour you are on and when you plan to be back.

This part is important. One reason we picked MSC for our Baltic cruise last summer was the advertised option of leaving then 4 yr old dd on board. We weren't sure we wanted to but thought it was an important option since the cruise was so port intensive and not always child friendly. Once on board we discovered that kids could only stay on board if we used ship's tours. Since we did everything on our own it wasn't an option for us. All worked out ok and dd did great visiting the European cities but we might have chosen a different line if we were clear on this point...

hmmmm... I'll have to see if my travel agent can clarify all the details for me but thanks for the help.

For the person concerned my kids won't get a break from the ship... don't worry...we've booked 3 excursions which include the whole family on a 7 day cruise... I'm more worried that they're going to say "we want to stay on the boat!" :)

hmmmm... I'll have to see if my travel agent can clarify all the details for me but thanks for the help.

For the person concerned my kids won't get a break from the ship... don't worry...we've booked 3 excursions which include the whole family on a 7 day cruise... I'm more worried that they're going to say "we want to stay on the boat!" :)

Actually, I meant the cruise staff deserved the break:D. I have found my DS doesn't want a break for the kid club. We have to pull him out kicking and screaming for dinner.:eek:

Yes, you can leave them while in port. Its open all day for age 2 and up and is considered babysitting for under 2's $6 per hour until noon. However just know the phones they give you do not work in port so there wont be any way to contact you.

Actually, I meant the cruise staff deserved the break:D. I have found my DS doesn't want a break for the kid club. We have to pull him out kicking and screaming for dinner.:eek:

lol... yes... they probably do!

They sometimes close for lunch for an hour or two. They do allow parents to go ashore. They have a sign in sheet which asks what tour you are on and when you plan to be back.

Do you have to be on one of their tours?

Do you have to be on one of their tours?

No you don't. We left our youngest on board the morning we were in Costa Maya. We happened to take a CCL booked excursion with our oldest to the ruins, but CCL did not have us fill out anything stating where we were going. We advised them nevertheless and that we would not be back in time for lunch (12), so they knew to feed him. We got back about 1, picked him up, and took him ashore to the pool. He loved playing his morning away on the ship.

Archived