Excursions Pre-Reserve ???

CALMOM

I was told that the Pre-Reserve does not open up until 120 days before sail date. I am booked to leave July 9th and I just checked on My Princess and noticed that I could already Pre-Reserve my Excursions. I did notice that there was some excursions that are not in the Princess Alaska Adventures Excursions brochure and then there was some in the brochure and not online for Pre-Reserve. I was interested in 2 excursions, Wilderness Bear Watch & Alaska Bear Adventure, both are a Float Plane that takes you to Neets Bay Bear Look Out Station. However, neither of these excursions were listed online for the Pre-Reserve. Does anyone know why? Could it be that they will list them later? Could it be that the Operators of those tours were not able to get enough permits?

Thank you

Stupid me:o, I just realized that the 2 excursions I was interested in do not even begin until July 17th, I will be there on July 15th:(. I am so disappointed that my chances of seeing Bears are almost null, since the other ports, we have plans and I was hoping Ketchikan, was going to be the port where I would have a chance. Oh well, there is always next time, I plan on making many more trips to Alaska, it is truly God's Country.

I already mentioned this in another post. You are too early for Neets. Your only option is Anan.

Yes, you did Budget Queen, I don't know why I thought it would be offered through the ship, maybe a brain over load of information:confused:.

I have called several independent operators for Anan but waiting to hear if they obtain any additional permits, keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath:o

What I noticed is that shore excursion booking opens up when you pay in full or around 120 days in advance. So, I bet you have payed in full already.

My cruise is July 5th (5 months & 2 weeks away), I have not paid in full, and I am able to book pre-reserve shore excursions.

I have called several independent operators for Anan but waiting to hear if they obtain any additional permits, keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath:o

I'm in the same boat as you. Have some backup excursions handy in case things fall through. At least we should know in a couple of months so we still have time to book other things. Better than not knowing until the day of, like if dog sledding gets cancelled!!

What I noticed is that shore excursion booking opens up when you pay in full or around 120 days in advance. So, I bet you have payed in full already.

It might depend on what Cruise line you booked.I started booking my tours on HAL in January and my final payment is March 30.2010

I'm leaving on July 26th (cruise July 31st) and I can pre-book as well, however I have put down more than the $100 / pp for the deposit.

Did Princess tell you that because I only have $100 per cabin down as my deposit and nothing else paid. I pre-reserved 2 different excursions for 6 people and it shows up on my Personalizer.

Hum, I am curious where you saw or heard you needed to put more money down.

Did Princess tell you that because I only have $100 per cabin down as my deposit and nothing else paid. I pre-reserved 2 different excursions for 6 people and it shows up on my Personalizer.

Hum, I am curious where you saw or heard you needed to put more money down.

Same here. Just a $100/pp deposit and I booked an excursion.

Archived