Lisbon transfers ?

Any recommendations airport to hotel. Taxi prices very dodgy as you get taken round the houses. Like to be met at airport and not wait in queue.

There is a kiosk at the airport where you can buy a voucher for a taxi - fixed price for most of the city, and you know exactly how much it will cost before hand. I'm sure that there are also 'meet and greet' transfer services - which are probably more expensive.

We were all set to buy a voucher for a taxi when we looked at the route for the AeroBus. One of its stops was about 1/2 block from our hotel, and it was about 1/3 the cost of the taxi. Easy-peasy. We had 1 rolling suitcase and one carryon each, and had no problem getting on or off. One thing that may have made a difference for how crowded it was - after we got through passport control, we stopped at one of the cafes in the airport and got some coffee and a roll. By the time we were done, the crush from the planes that had just arrived were already out of the airport, so there wasn't anyone else on the bus.

Finally, check with your hotel. They may have suggestions for a private transfer, or at the very least, be able to tell you the maximum you should be paying for a taxi.

There is a kiosk at the airport where you can buy a voucher for a taxi - fixed price for most of the city, and you know exactly how much it will cost before hand. I'm sure that there are also 'meet and greet' transfer services - which are probably more expensive.

We were all set to buy a voucher for a taxi when we looked at the route for the AeroBus. One of its stops was about 1/2 block from our hotel, and it was about 1/3 the cost of the taxi. Easy-peasy. We had 1 rolling suitcase and one carryon each, and had no problem getting on or off. One thing that may have made a difference for how crowded it was - after we got through passport control, we stopped at one of the cafes in the airport and got some coffee and a roll. By the time we were done, the crush from the planes that had just arrived were already out of the airport, so there wasn't anyone else on the bus.

Finally, check with your hotel. They may have suggestions for a private transfer, or at the very least, be able to tell you the maximum you should be paying for a taxi.

asking hotel good idea. thanks

asking hotel good idea. thanks

A lesson I learned after my first trip to Lisbon. We paid more than we should have for a taxi from the ship to our hotel because of a rogue taxi driver. And we were lucky, because the hotel clerk who came to help us with our luggage overheard the cab driver, and argued him down. Since then, I've made a policy of asking the hotel for the best way to get there, and how much it should cost. Especially with a nice hotel (you're staying at the Sofitel, right?), they'll probably have a list of their preferred service companies to recommend.

By the way, for breakfast, we just walked down to the Restauradores area and found a cafe for a roll and coffee, no idea what the name was. I don't know how substantial a breakfast you want.

When I was in Lisbon, I hired MIguel Conde to pick me up at the port anad then had tours with him for 3 days. he is wonderful, and several friends have also used his services. His rates are very reasonable and he is quite knowledgeable. He does not have a website but can be contacted at: miguelconde.limoservice@hotmail.com

Fell free to use my name! He can advise you about his fees and perhaps a day of touring. He is wonderful!!

PS: I just noticed who started this thread. Hi to you and Terry!

Archived