Just back from first cruise - Sensation Jan 17-21

MiMiof2

We're booked on the Sensation in July. Our first cruise with the kids..(only our 2nd cruise total) How was the food? Alot of variety? Also is there a sushi bar on this ship? (I'll keep my fingers crossed ;))

The food was GREAT. Good variety. A must-try is the Mongolian Bar by the pool. There was sushi offered before dinner somewhere on the ship, saw it in the Capers. Never made it there however. Only ordered room service once, we were always too full ! The one time we did, it came quickly, was fresh & the sandwiches were HUGE.

...are looking great since the upgrades the last three years. Welcome to the addiction of cruising...

Mitch

Awwww man....I have it BAD ! :p Cruisin is a good cure for facebook addiction tho :D...

I am hooked !!

The ship was clean, food was great, staff wonderful.... ESPECIALLY our Ecstasy dining room server,

Tatyana from Lithuania & her asst Andi from Indonesia !!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our addiction...

:)

Have you started looking for your next cruise yet? That's truly the indication of the addiction... one that neither has nor needs a cure...

:D

Welcome to our addiction...

Have you started looking for your next cruise yet? That's truly the indication of the addiction... one that neither has nor needs a cure...

LOL, yep. I am booked Jan 2011 on the Liberty with the CC Looneys group :D (but Hubby says thats too long, and we need another before :p)

"Awwww man....I have it BAD ! :p Cruisin is a good cure for facebook addiction tho :D..."

You can combine both addictions, become a friend of Cruise Critic on Facebook!

Mitch

Wayyyy ahead of ya :D , BTW, I am also a "CCL" friend, a "Bahamas" friend......the list goes on and on ...:cool: hehe

DH and I got off the Sensation last Sunday as you were boarding. We had a great time and agree the food was great and the ship was in good shape. Our waiter, Alexander, in the Ecstasy Dining Room was fantastic -- best we have ever had. The only problem the cruise was too short:cool:

I am hooked !!

The ship was clean, food was great, staff wonderful.... ESPECIALLY our Ecstasy dining room server,

Tatyana from Lithuania & her asst Andi from Indonesia !!!!!!!!!

Hi.. I was on the same cruise. This was my 3rd.. I did the Carnival Liberty and before that Norwegien Sea.. I have to say that this was the worst ship I have been on. lot of the crew were rude and unfriendly. The jacuzzi was filled with kids and no one seemed to care. A fight broke out the 2nd night between unruly teenagers in the pool the 2nd night and my husband planned a suprised for my birthday during dinner that a waiter ruined by telling me... The ship is also way too small and only has one small pool

Hi.. I was on the same cruise. This was my 3rd.. I did the Carnival Liberty and before that Norwegien Sea.. I have to say that this was the worst ship I have been on. lot of the crew were rude and unfriendly. The jacuzzi was filled with kids and no one seemed to care. A fight broke out the 2nd night between unruly teenagers in the pool the 2nd night and my husband planned a suprised for my birthday during dinner that a waiter ruined by telling me... The ship is also way too small and only has one small pool

I agree with this. The jacuzzis were filled with small children up until they closed at midnight. The only adults in the jacuzzis by the pool were the parents of the jumping, splashing kids. That being said, I went to the Serenity Deck for the jacuzzi. Nice, quiet & absolutly NO children. It was strictly enforced there. I am sorry you encountered rude staff. Luckily, I didn't have that problem whatsoever.

Same cruise; two totally different impressions. I always find that interesting.

Mitch

Archived