Pre-cruise rituals?

melmar02

Sorry, maybe it's because he's American and I'm British???? !!!! Looked artists up on the internet, have heard some of the songs (Zac Brown Band - Toes; Kenny Chesney - Beer in Mexico) but didn't realise who sang them, obviously artists not well known in UK. Now, if you'd said The Beatles............... :rolleyes:

Whew. At least I don't feel so OLD now!!

Ah, the Beatles . . . those were the days. I remember going to their concert the first time they came to the States. What a thrill it was for me. :)

Ever have the opportunity to visit one of Jimmy's Margaritaville establishments? We went to the one in Ochos Rios with the pool and slide. It was hugely fun!

Yes on Grand Turk. Had a cheeseburger in paradise and found my lost shaker of salt. :D Just don't ask for a lemon!

1. Check the websites for each port. If they offer a brochure (with maps, ideas for sightseeing, etc.), I'll request it.

2. Check the weather for that area for that time.

3. Check the bridge cam on Princess.com everyday to see where the ship is.

4. Revise my last packing checklist.

5. Keep an eye on the samples aisles in stores to see if there's anything I don't have.

6. Days before, take out the clothes from my closet and place on couch. Then re-hang much of it back in my closet. Ponder the remaining clothes to decide which outfits for formal nights I should take. Which other items will work for casual nights and day wear. Agonize over which items to really pack and which ones to return to closet.

7. Do the same for my daughter's clothing. The last cruise I actually did check with her on which clothing to pack for her.

8. Print up an itinerary list with emergency phone numbers, etc. for a few neighbors and any relatives that need to know.

9. Request vacation hold for our mail.

10. Hubby will take care of the water turn-off and garage security locks, etc.

I have downloaded a "cruise playlist" onto my iPod Nano. It includes music with a tropical flavor, such as Bob Marley, Jimmy Buffet, etc.

My playlist includes the following, among others:

Kenny Chesney:

* Island Boy

* No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem

* Beer in Mexico

* Everybody Want to Go to Heaven

Zac Brown Band:

* Where the Boat Leaves From <My very favorite cruise song!

* Toes

Jimmy Buffet:

* Margarittaville

* Boat Drinks

* Mexico

* Volcano

* It's 5:00 Somewhere (with Alan Jackson)

* Jamaica Farewell

Bob Marley:

* Jamming

* One Love

Various Artists:

* Dollar Wine (Colin Lucas <a really FUN song)

* Two Pina Coladas (The Hit Crew)

* Red Red Wine (UB40)

* Some Beach (Blake Shelton)

* Don't Worry, Be Happy (Bobby McFerrin)

* Then What (Clay Walker <Great steel drums!)

* I Like to Move It (Madagascar)

* Kokomo (Beach Boys)

* Lattitudes and Attitudes (Eric Stone)

The very last song on my cruise playlist is the TV Theme song from "The Love Boat"!!

We have a long drive to the airport before our cruise. We'll be getting in the mood for the Caribbean, listening to our cruise tunes!

This is the BEST....it looks very similar to mine :D Zac Brown song is my VERY favorite. But I would add Hot Hot Hot to this list.

I start by shopping for perfect luggage. The airlines have destroyed so many of my checked bags that I am nearly always in need.

I have one closet for cruise clothes and shoes.

I read on CC.

Pay my bills and pre-pay what will be overdue while I'm away (Electric etc.)

I get restless.

Thanks for the ideas.

Well we decided that we would have our own 'drink of the day' every night this week, but haven't gotten as fancy as the ship - pina colada, beer, wine. We don't usually drink during the week, so it's been fun to have a relaxing adult beverage and think about next week's trip!

I make up a notebook for each cruise. It has the clear pockets with the airline tickets, itenerary, hotel reservations, tours, discount coupons etc. and all the things I have discovered about each port (just in case we have time to stop).

I also have my excel spreadsheet with clothes, by time of day including jewelry, etc. etc.

I find that this is how I get through our long Maine winters .... Jan

I LOVE THIS THREAD!! It makes me so excited to read all of these rituals b/c I share so many of them but never realized I had so many!! It's fun to read that so many of you do the same things (pack early, nails done, shop for one new fancy dress, read cc a ton, try to lose weight, check the weather for the two weeks prior, and I'm adding the playlist to my list too. I love all of those artists and will look up Zak Brown who will no doubt be another new favorite.

Thanks for the thread that made my day!! :D

Here's my top ten

*research excursions on trip advisor and other websites, book something

*do a little shopping, not too much

*get my hair done (grey roots, sshhhh)

*try on outfits, plan for formal night, etc.

*read CC, post questions

*make specialty dining reservations

*pack clothes, then pare it down (I don't need 6 pairs of shoes!!)

*get a pedicure

*online check-in, print documents, scan passports, email to myself

*fly down to Miami 1-2 days early, get in the tropical mood, get that playlist going!! sit by the pool!! have a rum drink!!

Enjoy, everyone!!:D:D:D

Archived