Carnival Miracle aft rooms

iKarenE

I was in 8272 on the Miracle in January, 09. Granted it is not the deck you were asking about, but we had no problems with vibration or diesel smells. The cabin itself had 2 twin beds and a couch. The balcony was a bit deeper than the standard side balconies. There was plenty of storage space for the 2 of us.

Friends of ours were on deck 7 aft and they never mentioned any problems with the 2 items you are concerned with.

Linda

I had deck 4 aft on the Miracle and on the Spirit. Didn't smell any diesel down there but you do see the smoke trail. Since deck 4 is covered we didn't have any issues with anything falling onto our balcony.

We did feel a lot of vibration sailing down to Acapulco in Nov on the Spirit, but once we started heading back north it sort of went away. I wouldn't say it was bothersome in the sense it kept me awake or I didn't want to be in the cabin. But it was sort of like riding a train car.

We didn't have too much of a vibration issue on the Miracle in Feb, though we only had one azipod working so that may make a difference.

There is little foot traffic back there and I really like the view. We'll have another aft wrap in April to Hawaii and still another in Nov on the Miracle. So I give the aft "two thumbs up"! :)

Oh, and plenty of room in the cabin even in the non aft wrap. We had an 8M on the Spirit and there were 3 closets, a table and couch, stool and desk area and of course the bed. I think any new bookings I do on a Spirit class ship will be an 8M. Good value for the money.

Was in the aft wrap on the Main deck last March and had no issues, we love it back there! Have a 8M booked on the same deck next month. Vibration is miminmal when pulling into port. We love the motion and the sound from the wake. No issues on the main deck with soot, did have some when we had the aft wrap on the panorama deck, but the cabin steward kept it clean for us. No diesel smell.

Was in 4230 last month. Loved it. Only my 2nd balony (1st was in 7192, also on Miracle).

I had originally booked on Deck 5, but moved down because I read a lot of comments about the lack of overhang on the higher decks, due to the angle of the stern of the ship.

If you click my name and find my thread with my review, I have several comments about the cabin. I also have a link to my Webshots album, which has additional photos.

I'm very glad I moved to 4230, because we did have some rain, on a rough sea day, and I would've been in bad shape had I not been able to use the balcony that day. Had to drag the chair into the very corner, and sit lengthwise along the cabin window, but I was able to mostly stay dry, and got all that fresh air.

NCTribeFan, I read your review of the cruise on the Miracle. I loved your report. My wife and I will be doing the same itinerary on March 4, 2010.

You mentioned you were reading some good cruise books about Panama. I would love to know which books you read, so I can read them as well. I have just finished Path Between The Seas by David McCullough. If you have not read that one I highly recommend it.

My next question for you is about My friend Mario tours. We have booked the canal and Embera Village without the waterfall. I have recently (ten weeks ago) had ankle surgery and plan to be in a cast until the cruise and a protective boot while on the cruise. How much walking and how wet will I get on this portion of the tour (no waterfall swim or hike.)

Once again thanks for such a great reading trip review. It made me wish I was there with you.

Larry

Archived