Weird pricing error on excursions?

pointybubble

I was really excited when I went to the Carnival Website, browsed excursions for Ocho Rios, and found the excursion I wanted to do ("Chukka Zipline and River Tubing Combo") was $56/pp! I went to go book through the "My Cruise" section of the site, and suddenly the price was $100/pp! Why the discrepancy? :confused:

BTW, has anybody done this excursion?

On my cruise for April the shore tours have been acting really weird online....the prices switch around, one will be there and then disappear on the next click...its the new website im guessing..ur not the only one. Id say call CCL but the shore tours desk is one of the weakest informed areas they have. good luck

I was really excited when I went to the Carnival Website, browsed excursions for Ocho Rios, and found the excursion I wanted to do ("Chukka Zipline and River Tubing Combo") was $56/pp! I went to go book through the "My Cruise" section of the site, and suddenly the price was $100/pp! Why the discrepancy? :confused:

BTW, has anybody done this excursion?

I have no idea why, call Carnival and ask them.

I have been dealing with type of issue for a couple of weeks and here is what I have gotten info wise from Carnival.

. At the first of the year they resign contracts with their operators and sometimes the price goes up.

.there is small print on the excursions that you can view from the homepage, not the ones under your actual cruise, that states that the price can vary and yep it sure can.

If you see an excursion on the general website and don't see it under your particular cruise try and contact the operator direct.

We wanted to do the train excursion in St. Kitts listed in general info. for $80. However it was not listed on our cruise date. The operator who is very kind said they would be releasing tickets soon....this took weeks actually. Finally last week they showed up for the Miracle March cruise, gee at $99.95, frankly is pissed us off so much (as it is still listed under the on the general site at $80, that we said forget it. Thought it was really too big an increase and we are doing something different.

You can try calling the excursion desk direct, but frankly they are not all that helpful or friendly. Good luck.

Archived