POM Stay at hotel and shuttle, or drive up and park?

Magnumglide

We are making a long drive to sail out of POM in April. The park, sail, and ride site seems to be the best, but I'd like opinions. The Red Roof will put us up in a room for $64 and let us park free for our cruise? Bad hotel, seedy part of town? I'd then catch a cab to and from POM. With shuttles being per person, and being that there's 5 of us, a cab would probably be cheaper.

Or I could stay in Fort Myers or close the day before the cruise where my folks will be, and drive to POM to park. What's the best plan for the money?

Parking at POM is $20/day. Parking at POM is safer and more secure than any hotel parking lot.

A mini-van cab will be a squeeze for 5 of you and bags and will cost about $60 round trip including tip. Double that to $120 if you need two cabs. You might take another look at the shuttle van or plan on parking at POM. Good luck!:)

We are making a long drive to sail out of POM in April. The park, sail, and ride site seems to be the best, but I'd like opinions. The Red Roof will put us up in a room for $64 and let us park free for our cruise? Bad hotel, seedy part of town? I'd then catch a cab to and from POM. With shuttles being per person, and being that there's 5 of us, a cab would probably be cheaper.

Or I could stay in Fort Myers or close the day before the cruise where my folks will be, and drive to POM to park. What's the best plan for the money?

When parking at the port is $20 a day and not many hotels offer park and stay, $64 for a hotel with parking should send up giant red flags.

In South Florida, it isn't a good idea to park in an area that isn't secured and manned.

Keep looking and really revisit the idea of parking at the Port of Miami.

Archived