Help on Post Cruise Hotel Query - Urgent

nimbupani

Hi,

We are sailing on Carnival Imagination and returning on 6th Feb'10 at 8:00 AM.

Most of the hotels have check in at around 2 to 4 PM. Would hotels accommodate early check-in ? what do experienced cruiser do in that case.

Please help. Any tips

Also any hotel recommendation for 1 night 5th to 6th , we are finding it difficult to find considering super Bowl weekend

Hi,

We are sailing on Carnival Imagination and returning on 6th Feb'10 at 8:00 AM.

Most of the hotels have check in at around 2 to 4 PM. Would hotels accommodate early check-in ? what do experienced cruiser do in that case.

Please help. Any tips

Also any hotel recommendation for 1 night 5th to 6th , we are finding it difficult to find considering super Bowl weekend

I don't understand the fifth to sixth part. if you arrive one the 6th.

If you are arriving at 8:00 am. on the sixth are you leaving late in the day on the sixth or what?

Perhaps what you are looking for is a day room?

TO find a day room the best way is to call the hotels you are interested in and ask the Front desk or manager, not reservations, if they offer day rooms and how much it would be for the time you need.

At least that is how I have done it the few times I required a day room. Obviously check in for those is early since you are not staying overnight but rather during the day leaving by a set time.

I don't understand the fifth to sixth part. if you arrive one the 6th.

If you are arriving at 8:00 am. on the sixth are you leaving late in the day on the sixth or what? I am sorry, we are arriving on 5th morning at 8AM and are flying back on 6th evening. Thanks

Perhaps what you are looking for is a day room?

TO find a day room the best way is to call the hotels you are interested in and ask the Front desk or manager, not reservations, if they offer day rooms and how much it would be for the time you need.

At least that is how I have done it the few times I required a day room. Obviously check in for those is early since you are not staying overnight but rather during the day leaving by a set time.

I am sorry, we are arriving on 5th morning at 8AM and are flying back on 6th evening. Thanks

How to update the original post?

Yes if your room isn't open yet, the hotels will hold your luggage until it is. You can be off and touring or whatever. Some hotels will call your cell if you'd ike to tell you when the room is ready.

If you haven't booked a room yet during Super Bowl weekend....good luck. :eek: Rooms anywhere near anything will be $$$$$$$$:eek:

Start looking at hotels near the airport for lower costs. Use a cab to get to Miami Beach/South Beach or wherever you are planning to spend the day.

I'd start looking at one of the big sites like Travelocity or Expedia to see what exactly is still available. Then look at hotwire or easyclicktravel or priceline.

Good luck!

Most hotels will hold your luggage for you until your room is ready for you to check in to. They will sometimes accomodate an earler check in when they can but that you do have to check with the specific hotel for.

Good luck with finding any hotel room in the Miami area for a reasonable price two days before the Super Bowl, especially at this late date. You will likely need to widen your area of search and possibly rent a car to get you there and back to the airport the next day. Although car rentals may also be difficult to get at this point.

If you haven't already you may want to post this question on the East Coast port board as someone there might have some recent experience to be better able to help you. Good Luck!:)

We've arrived early several times for hotels. They have all been willing to hold our bags for us. I make sure to remove valuables from my carry-on bag and leave that as well--and have never had any problems.

For Super Bowl weekend, you might investigate renting a car and driving somewhere away from Miami. That could save you a ton of money. Maybe Key Largo or West Palm Beach. They're under 2 hours away from Miami, but still probably far enough away to have better hotel rates, at least from what I turned up on one of the major travel websites.

Hello,

Rent a car because this will give you a place to store your luggage (with you!). Aand give you the wheels to stay at hotels farther away.

There are some hotels in the north part of Fort Lauderdale and specifically the Court Yard by Marriott Cypress Creek. It is a nice hotel that caters mainly to business people. There is also a La Quinta nearby. Restaurants are plentiful and the on and off ramps are easy to use.

From here to Miami is about anhour or so but still, it is a place to stay probably at a reasonable price.

Hello,

Rent a car because this will give you a place to store your luggage (with you!). Aand give you the wheels to stay at hotels farther away.

There are some hotels in the north part of Fort Lauderdale and specifically the Court Yard by Marriott Cypress Creek. It is a nice hotel that caters mainly to business people. There is also a La Quinta nearby. Restaurants are plentiful and the on and off ramps are easy to use.

From here to Miami is about anhour or so but still, it is a place to stay probably at a reasonable price.

I thought so of doing the same, however considering the Super Bowl weekend at Miami & Fort Lauderdale traffic will be nightmare, parking will be another concern.

Any clue about hostels in South beach. They have pretty good reviews. Just wanted to know if someone stayed there and what was there experience

Archived