Edoc Question

Ships R Great

We have always gotten snail mail docs but for cruise in Feb., it seems, we will only get edocs. How many pages of all that stuff do I actually need to print for boarding? Please don't give me the "she has cruised "x" number of times and should know" buisness. If I knew I would not ask. I am not being snippy---it is just that I got that kind of responses the last time I asked a sincere question.

How many pages of all that stuff do I actually need to print for boarding?
None!

I think we all asked ourselves that question the first time we got edocs.

If you feel more comfortable taking all that info along just to have it available for reference on the ship, do not print it but instead download it to your laptop, if you are taking a laptop along with you. (When we do that, we never look at it and just delete it at the end of the cruise.)

If not taking a laptop, just email the file to yourself shortly before leaving for the cruise. That way you know that you can access it if you should ever need it.

(We have also done that a number of times, but it is also unnecessary as we have never once needed to look at the documents after leaving home.)

It is similar to the way we naively packed those bulky paper documents to bring along on our first two cruises, wasting space in the bag that could much better have been used for something else.

If you do the online check-in, print out and bring along the one page xpress pass and your passport, that will be all you need to get on the ship.

I printed out the edocs for my upcoming cruise (my first time with edocs) and there were 18 pages. I was told by a Celebrity rep that we should have them with us. I agree that they are not necessary after looking them over - not necessary UNLESS something comes up and you need to refer to the cruise contract.

Doris

I printed out the edocs for my upcoming cruise (my first time with edocs) and there were 18 pages. I was told by a Celebrity rep that we should have them with us. I agree that they are not necessary after looking them over - not necessary UNLESS something comes up and you need to refer to the cruise contract.

Doris

Ours are 27 (!) pages. Just don't want to waste the ink or paper if not needed---not to mention the space in my little cruise folder where I carry Express Pass, passports, etc.

Ours are 27 (!) pages. Just don't want to waste the ink or paper if not needed---not to mention the space in my little cruise folder where I carry Express Pass, passports, etc.

When we checked in on the Infinity, we gave them our express pass ( 1 page), our passports and a credit card. Nothing else was necessary. We only print the express pass. I am sure you could find a copy of the cruise contract on board if you needed it.

Archived