What is the cost of the soda card for kids?

ntengwall

It's 4pp for kids and I actually think it's worth it if they drink more than 2 drinks a day. My kids don't love the free ice tea, punch, and lemonade plus it's easy for them to just show their card and get a drink when they're not with you (if they're older or eat with Adventure Ocean at Johnny Rockets or Windjammer)

I think it's $4 pp pd for kids....it's around $7 pp pd for adults....

There are other "included" drinks avail. and you can buy soda by the can, if you don't opt for the fountain soda card.

Here we go again.

If you don't know, don't post.

$4 per day for anyone who has not yet reached his or her 18th birthday.

$6 per day for anyone 18 and older.

The card must be purchased for the full number of "nights" of your cruise, and 15% gratuity is added at the time of purchase.

For a typical week-long cruise, that's $48.30 for an adult, $32.20 for a child.

Just wondering if it's worth it. I thought I had seen $85 and then I came across $45 on this board somewhere and just wondering what it really is. We will be on Explorer of the Seas for 9 nights. Thanks!

For a nine night cruise, your child's soda package would cost $41.40

ALSO....

The purchase the soda package can also be done via Royal's website, the written Coca-Cola logo will then appear in the bottom right hand corner of your Sea-Pass or your child's if you order the soda package this way depending on who it is ordered for. A thermos cup is part of the soda package the thermos cup(s) will be placed in your stateroom.

If your order the soda package on board ship a Coke sticker or Coke brand will be placed on your Sea-Pass or your child's depending on who it is ordered for, the thermos cup(s) you will have to take you from the area they have set up for soda package or they will give it to you after you sign the receipt for soda package.

Here we go again.

If you don't know, don't post.

$4 per day for anyone who has not yet reached his or her 18th birthday.

$6 per day for anyone 18 and older.

The card must be purchased for the full number of "nights" of your cruise, and 15% gratuity is added at the time of purchase.

For a typical week-long cruise, that's $48.30 for an adult, $32.20 for a child.

Pssssst....Don't interrupt her post count. :rolleyes:

Ray, *nothing* stops her! ;)

I finally learned how to "ignore users." Which I thought would finally put an end to seeing those posts. But unfortunately it still shows that there is a post but just doesn't show what it is. So I still mentally go, "rrrrrr" and "oh brother." I was hoping I wouldn't have to see the name at all. (I'm almost at 200 posts, I think I'll write some nonsense to hit the big 2-oh-oh. Luckily this one counts.)

I finally learned how to "ignore users." Which I thought would finally put an end to seeing those posts. But unfortunately it still shows that there is a post but just doesn't show what it is. So I still mentally go, "rrrrrr" and "oh brother." I was hoping I wouldn't have to see the name at all. (I'm almost at 200 posts, I think I'll write some nonsense to hit the big 2-oh-oh. Luckily this one counts.)

I've been on these boards for 9 years and have less than 2200. Man....I better get moving. Cha Ching.....here's another one. :D

Since we are on the topic of soda packages and since posters have been warned that they should only post if they 'know' the answer to a question perhaps I can get a straight answer to this one---does the soda package include mixers such as seltzer or tonic water. Several people have told me on previous posts, yes anything served from the soda 'gun' and others have said on 'coke, sprite and diet coke'. Another poster said that her daughter got free shirley tmeples with her soda card. So what is the truth?

Here is one for a laugh- I posted these questions and the person who replied answered not ONE of my questions, but still felt the need to reply:

Originally Posted by Sandienyc View Post

Going on the Navigator Feb 13th (Haiti/Jamaica- lucky me) and I just have a few questions- this is my first balcony, I will be on deck 7- is there any reason I would need a robe for the balcony? Are the separations compete or are there slats that you can see through.

Question 2- we do not eat pork. Does anyone remember if there are any turkey products such as turkey sausage or turkey bacon on the breakfast buffet or the MDR?

Number 3- tonic water- if I sign up for the beverage/soda card, does that include mixers? (seltzer and tonic water?)

And finally- my mother's birthday is on the 15th, I wanted to book chops to make the day special but I need a time prior to 7pm as I have an 8 year old- the web site tells me they are booked until 7:30- I called RCI and they were totally not helpful saying that if thats what it says then that's what it is, they would not even check availability. Do I have any options?

Thanks in advance!

ANSWER:

I haven't been on the Nav, but many things are the same on each ship.

Haven't done a balcony so I don't know how closed off they really are. My GUESS is you can't see the other people unless you lean over, but someone'll answer you for sure.

Never did the soda card but I think I've read here that you can't get tonic. Again, I'll be corrected.

They hold back on many dinner reservations until you board. So check it out on your first day.

I've never seen turkey bacon but there are SO many other things to choose from besides bacon and sausage that it shouldn't be an issue.

Since we are on the topic of soda packages and since posters have been warned that they should only post if they 'know' the answer to a question perhaps I can get a straight answer to this one---does the soda package include mixers such as seltzer or tonic water. Several people have told me on previous posts, yes anything served from the soda 'gun' and others have said on 'coke, sprite and diet coke'. Another poster said that her daughter got free shirley tmeples with her soda card. So what is the truth?

I may be one of those who responded to your last question.

The problem with your query is that different things may happen on different ships at different times.

Some time ago, people started to be told "Shirley Temples are no longer included."

But others have reported still getting them.

It seems that, as usual, there is no consistency on this topic.

As to the "gun" thing, that IS how the package works.

If it comes out of the "fountain gun" at the bars, you can have it with your soda package.

Sometimes, for some unknown reason, they pour out of large (2 liter) bottles. I have seen it on the private "islands". (cococay & labadee). Others have reported it happening in the Windjammer buffet on occasion.

ALL fountain guns dispense Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite. These are made by the fountain itself, which has two supply hoses to the dispenser. One is the soda syrup, the other is the carbonated water. They are mixed in the apparatus itself to make "soda". That's why you can get "club soda", too. That's what makes "soda pop" when it's mixed with, say, Coke syrup.

Clear as mud? :D

Yes, I can tell you with absolute certainty that the soda package includes the seltzer that is dispensed from the fountain gun thingies (I know they have an actual name, but I can never remember what it is). The seltzer is the "base" for all the syruped fountain sodas, so it is included with the soda package. I do not know from personal experience about the Shirley Temples, but numerous members have posted that their children have been able to get them using the soda package. I suspect it's because all they are is soda with a flavoring (grenadine?) and the crew enjoy making the kids happy.

I do not know about tonic water because I do not think it is fountain dispensed. At the risk of not knowing an absolute...I'll guess that if tonic water is available dispensed from the fountain gun, it will be included, and if it's not, it probably won't. However, there have been reports of members getting ginger ale using their soda package even though it is available only in cans or the 2-liter bottles. So, it's possible that you might be able to get tonic, depending on how it's available and what the particular crew is instructed to do. But I know for a fact and from multiple RCI cruises that seltzer is included in the soda package. (Little note: We're pretty picky and we've found the overall quality of the seltzer to be quite good--but it always seems to be better at the indoor bars. I don't know why, but from the outdoor bars it often has a "metallic" taste.)

beachchick

On Freedom in July my youngest was not allowed to get Shirley Temples on the soda card. We asked the head waiter because we had always gotten them before but he reaffirmed the 'no'.

New Years on Freedom, Shirley Temples no problem. Strange isn't it:confused:

On Freedom in July my youngest was not allowed to get Shirley Temples on the soda card. We asked the head waiter because we had always gotten them before but he reaffirmed the 'no'.

Just in case you were wondering. No Marci is not Mrs. 22.

BAM! Another post.

New Years on Freedom, Shirley Temples no problem. Strange isn't it:confused:

Argh! So like the cruise lines to confuse us this way...Yes, no, let's ask the Magic 8 Ball. I think they should include Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers on the soda card and not just for children. For crying out loud, these "drinks" are soda with grenadine (I looked it up) and a maraschino cherry. They'll put a lime, lemon, or other fruit slice on a glass of selzter when using the soda package; we know because we have to ask them not to put fruit on ours. What's the big freaking deal with putting in a splash of grenadine and a cherry on top? And especially for the kids. It's a small enough thing to do and brings them such pleasure.

Seriously, how about an email campaign to specifically address this? I very, very rarely suggest such a thing, but the inconsistency (which is not unusual) on this is absurd.

beachchick

Archived