Grand vs Star

Hi all,

We just put a "hold" on the Star Princess for December 28th - we've sailed the Grand twice. Tell us how the Star compares with the Grand. Better? Same? Just plain different? Any input is appreciated. BTW - we're booking a mini-suite on Dolphin deck...so we know the balcony jets out and is exposed to the decks above. Thanks!

Vinnie

Same but better....

They are sister ships but Princess improved on a few design features to make the Star and Golden better. The atrium is more eye pleasing and I believe there is an extra staircase midship. There are a few other improvements but I can't think of them now.

I forgot - the computer/internet area is nicely/better designed on the Star compared to the last time I sailed on the Grand. I understand that the Grand recently moved things around and added a larger internet area.

I agree with Coral. I have been on the Grand twice and the Star 4 times and have also booked the same Star cruise for December 28th, 11 nights. It was my first Princess ship and there are still some of the same crew working on her. What a surprise to see Francesco and Isiac still in the dining room as head waiters.

Notable difference is the larger closests, stone relaxation beds in the spa, center staircase. I was just on the Star and it looked as good as new. I was on the Grand last May and noted some wear and tear, but it has been in some type of wet dock so anticipate it to be in tip top shape.

The Grand has live poker now so if that is something you are interested in it might be fun. In all it really is the same ship so I would go with the itinerary you want versus the ship.

The Grand is often know as the training ship so that can bring some advantages in service perhaps as some employees are new to the Princess ships.

Hi to All...

We have sailed on both, but I would prefer the Grand over Star. As a chef, I enjoyed the food more on Grand, though they use the same recipes as on Star. My only complaint is that they need to rework the menus because it is boring with the same food for years......Dennis

Hi there

Thank You for the pics on the Star Princess mini suite. We are sailing on the ship in March (first time cruisers) and seeing the actual pics of the suite were great. We are on the dolphin deck.

Sandra

Archived