Silly question about ziplining

TSUmom

MamaTene:

I was just reading on another thread about ziplining and someone mentioned about the Pirate of the Caribbean Tour. They said it was very unprofessional. It is in a thread titled Which Zipline in Rotan.

I just wanted you to know before you book with your grandchildren.

I am thinking about doing the South Beach Canopy Tour through rotancruiseexcursions.

Good luck with your search.

We used Pirates of the Caribbean In October. We had a comparison chart of all the companies on Roatan, and hands down they won. We wanted to have the best experience, as this was on my mom's bucket list. My mother who's scared of her own shadow had a fantastic time. The guides were very professional, and had lived on the Island for most of their lives. They treated us with care and patience. My kids loved starting out with guides (tandem) and then became confident enough to go alone. The view from the first zip on the "Extreme" run is truly spectacular, a moment I'll never forget. If we ever get back to Roatan, we'd love to do this zip-line again!

Hi:

I am also interested in ziplining. I'll be taking the Carnival Valor in July and am searching for few activities. The clip and zip does look tame and safe. I've never ziplined nor has my dd (15) and son (12). It looks by the pics that it's not that high. Does anyone know for sure. Me and my son don't like heights, but it looks like so much fun that I want to try it. I read in another post that if the water is rocky they can't pull the ship into the Mahogany Bay (?) and take you to another docking area. If this happens, how would you get to the clip and zip. Does anyone know if it's nearby or do you have to take a cab? Also, has anyone done the clip and zip? Are there less advanced lines for people just ziping for the first time?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Hi:

I am also interested in ziplining. I'll be taking the Carnival Valor in July and am searching for few activities. The clip and zip does look tame and safe. I've never ziplined nor has my dd (15) and son (12). It looks by the pics that it's not that high. Does anyone know for sure.

Kinda subjective...if I say it isn't high...someone else will want oxygen :)
Me and my son don't like heights, but it looks like so much fun that I want to try it.
Frankly, when you 'zip' down the cable, you are concentrating on your destination way more than your altitude.
I read in another post that if the water is rocky they can't pull the ship into the Mahogany Bay (?) and take you to another docking area
This is rare...not likely, but not impossible
. If this happens, how would you get to the clip and zip. Does anyone know if it's nearby or do you have to take a cab?
Take a taxi to Mahogany Bay
Also, has anyone done the clip and zip?
Did it in mid-January...was terrific!!!
Are there less advanced lines for people just ziping for the first time?
There is just one set of cables. The operators are with you all of the time, lending a hand as necessary and making sure that you are safely hooked to the cables.

• 2 months later...
is there age, weight restrictions? I am really hoping to do this but afraid i might be to heavy..embarrased to say..but a great motivator to lose weight.

ClipNZip didn't list any restrictions. Indeed, our fun-loving guides would 'zip' 2 at a time from platform to platform. I am sure their combined weight was, more or less, 300#.

I suggest that you contact them to be sure. http://www.clipnziproatan.com/en/index.html

Archived