Ports of call with walking distance attractions?

jessgmann

I know this could be researched by visiting each individual port board- however I thought it might help myself and many others who are trying to plan if we had a running list condensed in 1 place! It is hard to even pick out a cruise without knowing which ports are baby/kid friendly.

If anyone would like to share- I am looking for names of some ports where there are things to do within walking distance of the port. Or where you can get there with alternate transportation like a water-taxi. This is for all of us moms trying to avoid the car seat conundrum!

Thanks in advance for any help!!

St Thomas has a shopping area right in the port area.

St Maartin has a water taxi to the center of the town.

San Juan, if you're docked in the town area and not near the airport, it's an easy walk to a number of places.

Cozumel has a shopping and eating area right off the dock.

Grand Cayman is a tender port, but it lets you off right in town.

Key West is one of the best, as you're docked right in the center of everything, unless you're put in the industrial port because of heavy cruise ship traffic.

Antigua is a very easy walk to the town from the port.

St Lucia and St Kitts are places where you need transportation to the nicer places.

Aruba is another port where you're right smack dab in the middle of main street.

As for ports outside the Caribbean:

Huatulco Mexico is great for close by watersports, shopping and dining. The beach is right off the dock.

Acapulco has some shopping right off the ship, but for anything else you need to find transportation.

Cabo San Lucas is a tender port, but it's not that bad a walk to the beach or shopping.

Archived