Nautica Spa???

2kiwis

My last trip on Nautica during a 32 day Rome-Singapore cruise I was very impressed with the service and the hairdressers in the Manderin Spa.

However, I note that there seems to be a change of spa managment and a comment posted about Regatta (as follows) has started me wondering

"The other thing I didn't like was the Canyon Ranch Spa. I found it unorganized and abandoned. There were towels and robes piled on the floor. There was no on around except for the girl at the desk who really didn't make you feel welcome. The lotions were empty or almost empty. The Spa outside, well all the plastic side covers were off and just piled up around the edge of the pool. It looked unkempt. Anyways, for $144 x two (my husband and me) for an hour massage, I expected something better"

I am about to depart on a 45 back to back cruise on Nautica and would hate to think that the standards had gone down. Has anyone tried the spa recently and, if so, how was the standard- in particular the hair salon. There's nothing worse than not being able to get a decent hair cut etc for 45 days. - Might have to try off-shore at one of the stops if the standard has dropped.

Might this have been "teething troubles" during the transition TO Canyon Ranch?

There has been little mention of the Spa lately, so perhaps no news is good news??

I hope so.

I have just received an email from a friend who, like us travels on Oceania regularly, to say she has been told that Canyon Ranch are suppose to be "one of the best", so hopefully the experience reported was just a very bad day.

I must say I would be very surprised if Oceania allowed that kind of standard of service to remain on board

Cheers

I was onboard Nautice in October and the spa was just fine and was told that the people who did hair were wonderful. I did have a manicure and it was very good.

Thanks for letting me know - that is a relief

Cheers

Archived