Naughty room

dudesoup

I like yourself am a first timer. But from what all I have read on here is you are allowed to bring prescribed drugs. You need to carry them on your carry on so if they question you, you can show them the bottle. That way they can see the prescription is for you. Also, again from what I've read, advil and all that sorts is ok also.

I like yourself am a first timer. But from what all I have read on here is you are allowed to bring prescribed drugs. You need to carry them on your carry on so if they question you, you can show them the bottle. That way they can see the prescription is for you. Also, again from what I've read, advil and all that sorts is ok also.

Always always always take prescription meds in your carry on. Not because they'll question you, but you don't want to risk losing your luggage and all your meds! Also, they have until midnight to get you your luggage, so if it's something you need to take at a certain time, you don't want to risk missing it. Always take everything important like that in your carry on. I've never had any of my meds checked or taken away, and I regularly take prescription meds as well as OTC stuff like Advil, Pepto, etc.

Forgive my ignorance, but are they only looking for alcohol and drugs? Are you allowed to bring aboard OTC drugs (legal in America) or do you have to buy them onboard?

CK

They are looking for contraband items such as irons, knives, guns, prohibited alcohol (some allow wine), heating devices (hair dryers), etc. Each cruise line has its own list of things not to bring onboard.

If you bring on legal drugs, which is allowed, it is best to keep them in their original container. That way there is no question about what they are. This is more for the US customs officer upon returning to the US than the ship.

Bring whatever OTC drugs you use as buying them onboard is almost always not possible. They do not have a drug store onboard and only very minimal OTC drugs if any.

Archived