AOS - What room would you book?

On the Voyager Class ships, there are two category D1 cabins that I like. They are #'s 1388 and 1688. They are in the very back corners of the the ship on deck 10. The pros..... the rooms are laid out a little differently and are bigger. They are virtually the same size as a jr suite, but without the bathtub. You also get a much larger balcony that is about 80% under cover. The cons.... By being in the back of the ship, you only get to see where you've been.... not where you're going. And it's a pretty long walk to the elevators. If you don't mind the walk, it's worth it.

We have stayed in 1688 and agree that it is a great room. It is a larger room than the average balcony almost the size of a JS but you're not paying the price. The balcony is large and you have some sun but mostly its in the shade. I personally like this room because of the interior size. It is especially good if you have 3 in the room. Then it really makes a difference.

My husband is of another opinion. He likes the sun so his choice is the corner afts on deck 7. We also stayed in this one, 7688. It is the standard size room the the balcony is HUGE. We had 24 people out there for a sailaway party. You also get more sun on this balcony and because its on the corner there is a huge circle cut out that you also get to view the ocean side and back.

As far as the view that you see........... watching the long wake behind the ship and often with spectacular sunsets, is by itself worth the choice. As far as walking far......... yes, it is a bit out of the way bit that also has some positives. There is very little noise EVER in the corridors as nobody bothers to walk to the aft with good reason to be there so it remains quite private.

Whether you take 1688/1388 or 7688/7388 in our opinion you have made a great choice.

We have booked the corner aft on deck seven on Liberty for July. Works for us.

I to have An opinion we stayed on deck six in the bump it is a bit smaller but you can see forward and backward and it was very stabil not to much boat movement .We really didnt spend that much time inthe cabin so worked great for us.

• 2 weeks later...

we had both hump and aft cabins. I think you need to choose on what you like... most prefer humps b/c of easy access and being in center of ships. some like afts for their view of the wake and huge balconies. It's also very quiet in the back of the ship, hardly any foot traffic.

We stayed in #7312, hump balcony cabin. It was in the perfect location for us, close to the elevators in the center of the ship. We could take the stairs to the Royal Promenade and dining room, and never had a problem getting to the pool deck via elevator. We could take the stairs up to Royal Caribbean Online to check our email, etc. Front of the hump so we could see all the way forward. It was a quiet area of the ship as well.

Archived