Samana shore excursion

ColoTrvlr

My wife and I will be in Samana on NCL's Dawn on Sunday, Feb. 28. After researching the options, we have booked a tour with Terry Lee Bandi; it's called the "Beach/Falls w/ Terry". It includes a tour of a Dominican home, a coral church, a waterfall, and a Dominican buffet lunch on a beach. Terry would like to get a few more people for the tour - he has 8, with room for 20. The cost is $55 per person.

For more info you can email Terry at toursamanawithterry@hotmail.com (he is good at responding to emails) or feel free to email me. It would be nice to get a group together from the ship.

jp2andbld at earthlink dot net

My wife and I will be in Samana on NCL's Dawn on Sunday, Feb. 28. After researching the options, we have booked a tour with Terry Lee Bandi; it's called the "Beach/Falls w/ Terry". It includes a tour of a Dominican home, a coral church, a waterfall, and a Dominican buffet lunch on a beach. Terry would like to get a few more people for the tour - he has 8, with room for 20. The cost is $55 per person.

For more info you can email Terry at toursamanawithterry@hotmail.com (he is good at responding to emails) or feel free to email me. It would be nice to get a group together from the ship.

jp2andbld at earthlink dot net

Is there a web site to look at? How did you find it?

I booked a tour with terry for our cruise on the pearl last week. Had a wonderful time, would recommend him without hesitation, Samana was the highlight of our cruise. Went to El Limon waterfall on the horseback excursion, ate a wonderful lunch, saw his property, ate a great grapefruit, ate fresh coconut, papaya, and pineapple. Took our 2 kids aged 7 and 11. He does a wonderful safe job!

My husband and I are on the same boat (NCL Dawn on 2/28) and are thinking of doing that tour as well. I emailed Terry 2 days ago but haven't heard back yet. I'll give him a few more days before bothering him again.. thanks for the tip!

Join our roll call. There is already a bunch of us doing Terrys tour. The beach/falls tour not the horseback.

I did the ship's excursion to the El Limon waterfall by horseback. Maybe it's less rough with Terry (if they leave from a different location), but I'd think twice about having a 60 year old mom or young child go. It's pretty wild. I went in the rain and it was worse than usual, I think. There's a video on YouTube showing part of the trip. Maybe if you google El Limon horse or something you'll find it. You ford a stream (which on way back came up to horse's stomach), go up and down a very rocky path, and it's not for the faint of heart. It IS, however, very, very memorable!

• 2 weeks later...

We also went with Terry (& 20+ other CCers) back in Nov ... and had a great time! He is absolutely wonderful and we would highly recommend using him. We especially enjoyed having an authentic Dominican lunch at this restaurant and seeing the site for his house. We also had our 2 kids (6 & 11) with us and it was a very nice day. Hope all of you enjoy it too!

Jerry,

We will be joining the tour.

Here are some of the links he gave us in an email:

Check tour sites here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-photos/toursamanawithterry

Check out some reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147294-i1628-k2750287-Samana_Excursions_By_Terry_Lee_Bandi-Samana_Peninsula_Dominican_Republic.html

Archived