The most non-tourist thing you can do on barbados is........

POTOMACRUISER

We went to Bottom Bay as part of our own private, custom tour. There were only a few people on the beach, and I would guess they were either local or on land based vacations. Not that it isn't beautiful. It is. It just doesn't have all the facilities, like chairs, umbrellas, restaurants and bars that people tend to like. If it weren't for a lack of washrooms there we probably would've spent more time there. I liked that it felt so non-touristy. That said, we still ended up at Accra for the facilities and had a great time. :)

Go to the East coast, Barclays park, Bathsheba, lunch at the Edgewater/Atlantis/Roundhouse/Nantiki./Bonito bar...Visit the Flower forest, Sunbury Plantation Nicolas Abbey.....Spend a day at Crane hotel, tourist ..yes but it shouldn't be packed. Avoid deserted beaches if alone.

I considered doing what was just mentioned and really wanted to do it, but when I found out what difficulties could be encountered to get to Bathsheba we changed our mind and will hang out at Accra Beach and watch all the 4000 there! LOL

Myval

I considered doing what was just mentioned and really wanted to do it, but when I found out what difficulties could be encountered to get to Bathsheba we changed our mind and will hang out at Accra Beach and watch all the 4000 there! LOL

Myval

You will hardly see that many there. When we went LAST week there were I'd say 300 on the beach Total! This is a nice sized beach that this estimate didn't even seem close to crowded. Probably only 50 in the water at max. You won't regret going to this gem of a beach.

You will hardly see that many there.

When we went LAST week there were I'd say 300 on the beach Total!

This is a nice sized beach that this estimate didn't even seem close to crowded.

Probably only 50 in the water at max.

You won't regret going to this gem of a beach.

Only on Monday public holidays does Accra/Rockley get crowded.

Somehow it has always seemed to be a self-regulating beach, population-wise.

This might be because Dover Beach and Worthing are not far East of Rockley

and quickly attract any Accra Overload?

Archived