Booking Questions

Jeepman88

Some friends and myself are planning a cruise hopefully for next December. I don't know exactly how many of us are going to go for sure but I want to ask a theoretical question, here it goes: 2 friends of mine for sure want to go and are ready to book it, so in total, 3 of us are ready to book to take advantage of early booking prices. Let's say in a couple months another friend says he wants to go. So now in total four of us are going. Can he be added to our previously booked room without any issue? I assume he won't be paying the same price but can he still be added to our "party"? One more quick question, How much money is typically saved by booking this far in advance for a December 2010 cruise as compared to waiting until August or September? I'm sorry if this is really confusing, let me know if I need to clarify or anything. Thanks in advance!

Brandon

When you say, "take advantage of early booking prices" are you referring to the Early Saver rates? If so, my PVP told me that there would be a charge to add someone to a room already booked. I don't remember how much, since we didn't do it after all.

Again if you're referring to Early Saver rates, the advantage is that if the prices go up, you already have the low price. If they go down, you get your rate changed to the new lower price if you send in a form. (Not hard to do, I did it.)

Hth.

Are all of you staying in the same room? Like if the three of you book now are you going to all three be booked in one room? And if you add a 4th person would you then change over to 2 separate rooms or put all 4 in one room? That makes a diff. b/c the 3 & 4 pax are discounted (which can be spread amongst all you).

As per my PVP: He said that they have limited rooms per catgy available for early saver and once those are booked, then the rate is gone. Plus Early saver has to be at least 5 months out.

On Early Saver you can't get your deposit back if you change your mind (unless you get travel insurance, but then you would re-coup from the insurance company, not carnival). But you can get price drops or get upgraded if other upper catgys drop to what you paid in your catgy.

We thought about adding someone to my cabin in March. Hubby and I are booked in connecting cabins; him with the 3 boys, me with the girl. Since only 2 are booked for me, and 4 for him they put me in a double and him in a quad. There is no way possible to put another person in my room. They'll book you in a double if only two of you book now unless you have the option to choose your own cabins. If you do then choose quads.

I understand. So basically, if 3 of us total are ready to book one room, one more won't really be an issue at all because we'll already be in a room capable of sleeping 4 people. . .

Not all cabins have berths for four people. You may not be able to select a cabin that holds 4 when you book only 3 initially. You have to select a cabin when you book Early Saver Rate.

I understand. So basically, if 3 of us total are ready to book one room, one more won't really be an issue at all because we'll already be in a room capable of sleeping 4 people. . .

Not necessarily. Look at the deck plan and the bedding arrangements. Some cabins sleep 2, some 3, some 4, and a few can accommodate 5 with a crib or a pullout depending upon the ship.

Archived