Destiny itinerary change!

manlie

I just logged into my account to print off my passes for the Jan. 30 sailing and it says we are now going to Cozumel and Costa Maya. My TA is not happy that she wasn't notified! Carnival did admit to her that it was due to propulsion issues and recognizes it could not make it to Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I am disappointed we won't make Cayman as I had friends I wanted to visit there, but very happy we won't be going to Nassau!

I just logged into my account to print off my passes for the Jan. 30 sailing and it says we are now going to Cozumel and Costa Maya. My TA is not happy that she wasn't notified! Carnival did admit to her that it was due to propulsion issues and recognizes it could not make it to Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I am disappointed we won't make Cayman as I had friends I wanted to visit there, but very happy we won't be going to Nassau!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1125844

No shock here. If you complain to Carnival they will send you a form letter how it is a brand new problem and the engineers are working on it and will have it fixed perfect by the time you cruise.:rolleyes:

I love, love, LOVE Costa Maya! We took a taxi into town, set ourselves up at one of the beach bars and spent the day there back in 2007. Was the most relaxing day ever, and seriously, we probably spent less than $75 for all of our beer, water, food for the entire day, tips, and our taxi ride. That was my favorite day EVER in port. It was just so perfect.

Good Afternoon,

The cruise line advised there has been a change in your itinerary for your January 30, 2010 Destiny sailing. The revised itinerary is below:

Sat Miami, FL Depart 4:00 PM

SUN Fun Day at Sea

MON Cozumel Arrive 10:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM

TUE Costa Maya Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 2:00 PM

WED Fun Day at Sea

THU Miami, FL

The cruise line is offering $50 per person onboard credit as well as a refund for the purchased excursions for Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. However, if you are unhappy with the itinerary change they will hold your payment for a future Carnival cruise departing within the next 24 months. They are also offering the option of cancelling with a full refund. Please let me know what option you would like to take.

Darn it! Now I am sorry I didn't book B2B2B! I didn't because I can't be bothered going to Jamaica, but I am a big fan of Costa Maya. I think that is a very nice change and hopefully people will enjoy it as much as I did!

I am also glad that Carnival found a way to get her into dry dock, and hopefully she will be fixed once and for all. I do feel bad for the folks who got their cruises cancelled.

We just got off the Carnival Destiny and was very disapointed in the changes made at the last minute. We were not called until 8:30 PM the night before our cruise was scheduled ot leave port. By that time, we had already flown to Florida and had to follow through with the cruise. We are Elite on Princess and were wanting to try Carnival out just to see how they compare. While we enjoyed the cruise, we felt that we should have been notified much sooner and more than a $50 OBC should have been given. Carnival knew the week before they were having problems with the ship and should have fessed up to us before we got there.

All this said, the cruise was fine and we really enjoyed the staff, food and entertainment. Will we ever trust Carnival again...? That remains to be seen. Going sailing with Princess for now.

Archived