Princess Transfers

Millygirl

Princess travel booked it then I would guess you should be fine. If not then it is Princess' problem.

We have disembarked from Pt Evergaldes for that last 4 or so years--sometimes twice in 2 winter months-- never have had a problem being off the ship even before 9AM & even being at the airport (FLL) within no time-never booked with Princess Air, though. We usually take an 11:30AM flight from FLL & are there by 9AM & Miami is not that far.

I would assume you would be some of the first to disembark since you are going to Miami Airport & Princess booked your flights. We have to have faith that Princess has been doing this for a very long time. The fact you are leaving FL as opposed to getting to FL makes a big difference-weather wise!

Word to the wise--have all your reciepts, declarations in order etc so you do not have to visit the customs people. If you charged lots on board make sure you know what is duty versus wine/liquor/other resturants --have your printout handy for that probelm as the ding is different if you are over the $800/$St Thomas limit--then a visit to the customs people-which can be a delay. perhaps they have fixed that "glitch" in their computer system from 2008 but it could not detect what was Duty items from non duty items(daily hotel charges, bar bills, other resturant, etc)

I am sure you will not have a probelm! But again Princess booked your air --their problem!

have a great time!

Princess did not book my air. I wondered if anyone had ever booked a transfer through Princess to Miami for that early of a time. We booked an 11:50 flight out of Miami to avoid booking the next latest one that would have been after 3:00pm. Just didn't want to have to fill that time in between. This could backfire on us but it didn't seem like that big a deal when I booked it. Hopefully it won't be. :rolleyes:

THANK YOU for responding! :)

I was on the phone with ny TA this AM for the exact same answer. She spoke with Princess and they said the earliest transfer would be 12:30.

We will have to take a taxi for our 11:30 flight out of Miami.

Thank you Aliceind. That's what we'll end up doing too. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get a cab. We usually book the later flights but it's always so hard to figure out what to do to kill time and we end up sitting at the airport for hours. Not fun. Anyways, happy travels! :)

Thank you Aliceind. That's what we'll end up doing too. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get a cab. We usually book the later flights but it's always so hard to figure out what to do to kill time and we end up sitting at the airport for hours. Not fun. Anyways, happy travels! :)

There have always been plenty of taxi cabs for hire whenever we have disembarked in Fort Lauderdale. Jan

I was on the phone with ny TA this AM for the exact same answer. She spoke with Princess and they said the earliest transfer would be 12:30.

We will have to take a taxi for our 11:30 flight out of Miami.

earliest transfer leaving the port, or earliest flight that should be booked? I cant imagine the earliest bus leaving port everglades would be 12:30

Latch on to a porter in the baggage area. He'll take you directly to a taxi. Be sure to tell him your destination.

Here's a link to cab fares from MIA, including Port Everglades:

http://www.miami-airport.com/hotel_shuttles.asp

Every sailing I have ever been on has provided transfers for those with early flight departures. I think they give the standard 12:30 flight time to prevent a large number of people booking early flight times as this would cause even more of a rush to leave the ship.

For our November 29th arrival in Fort Lauderdale transfers to either FLL or MIA were available for flights leaving before 11:15 am. They provided transfers for passengers with flights before 11:15 am and 12:30 pm.

I have attached a copy of our Disembarkation Schedule (the scan is a little light). The early transfers are RED 5 and RED 6. They had 7:30 am meeting times to leave the ship.

Crown Disembarkation 11-29-09.pdf

Archived