Thank you RCCL

CALMOM

My son, who is gay just returned from a Gay Only Western Caribbean cruise on RCCL. He had the time of his life and said it was just amazing. I was so happy for him that he could go on a vacation with his BF, relax, have fun and not be stared at, spoke about, or judged.

Unfortunately, there really is very few places that my son can go and be himself. I love my son very much and I'm very proud of him. My hope is that someday, this world will not be so judgmental and let people live their life regardless of their sexual preference.

I really don't want to preach. I just wanted to thank RCCL, in case they read these boards, for allowing my son to have the time of his life.:)

My son, who is gay just returned from a Gay Only Western Caribbean cruise on RCCL. He had the time of his life and said it was just amazing. I was so happy for him that he could go on a vacation with his BF, relax, have fun and not be stared at, spoke about, or judged.

Unfortunately, there really is very few places that my son can go and be himself. I love my son very much and I'm very proud of him. My hope is that someday, this world will not be so judgmental and let people live their life regardless of their sexual preference.

I really don't want to preach. I just wanted to thank RCCL, in case they read these boards, for allowing my son to have the time of his life.:)

Your son is very lucky to have such fine parents !! :)

Your son is very lucky to have such fine parents !! :)

No, his Dad & I are very lucky to have such a fine son. I am very blessed to have 3 children, very much different from each other but all 3 of them with a bond and love that can never be broken.

You sound like a great mom Calmom. I bet you and your son would be a blast to cruise with.

That's funny you said that because I was so jealous of all the fun he had, I asked if I could go next time with him and his BF. My son said, " of course Mom, you would have a great time too".

A Great Mom, has Great Children. Thank you for the compliment.

CALMOM,

I was on that cruise. I am glad that they had a great time. I've found the gay charter cruises to be very empowering. The crew are absolutely amazing, I appreciate them very much. Thanks for posting.

Ah, you were so lucky to be on that cruise, too. How often do they have the Gay Charter Cruises? I would love to pay for my son & his BF to go on another one. My son has been on several cruises but this was his first Gay cruise and a first cruise period, for his BF. When they returned my son asked his beloved BF "well, how did you like cruising?" His BF said "when do we sign up for the next one?" LOL I think his BF is hooked.

CALMOM,

There are two big charter companies that cater to the guys, Atlantis Events and RSVP. He went on the big one, it is usually in January and Atlantis tries to get the biggest ship available. (Feb next year on Allure of the Seas). It is my understanding that the "January" cruise is a bigger party atmosphere, but I have never done their March cruise. I am sure it is just as much fun. Their March is cruise is more port-intensive, usually a smaller ship.

They also have Med and Mexico cruises. I have not been on the RSVP cruises, but have heard many positive remarks.

I met 3-4 mothers travelling with their son on the cruise your son took. I think they all had a blast and I know one was ready to sign up again.

CALMOM,

There are two big charter companies that cater to the guys, Atlantis Events and RSVP. He went on the big one, it is usually in January and Atlantis tries to get the biggest ship available. (Feb next year on Allure of the Seas). It is my understanding that the "January" cruise is a bigger party atmosphere, but I have never done their March cruise. I am sure it is just as much fun. Their March is cruise is more port-intensive, usually a smaller ship.

They also have Med and Mexico cruises. I have not been on the RSVP cruises, but have heard many positive remarks.

I met 3-4 mothers travelling with their son on the cruise your son took. I think they all had a blast and I know one was ready to sign up again.

Thank you very much for the info, I will look into the March cruise then and definitely the one for next year. I will even think about going on the one next year, it sounds like great time.

Thank you again for your help.

At the risk of sounding stupid:o, could someone post where I can go to make reservations for my son, his BF and I for the Atlantis Allure cruise next year? I went to the Atlantis website but could not find out anything on this cruise. Thank you very much in advance, I want to surprise my son and his BF.

Can't speak for Atlantis but my partner and I have enjoy several RSVP cruises, so much so that we are sailing with them on Holland America's Eurodam in two weeks and on NCL's Pride of America in Hawaii in October! (We even have two die-hard Atlantis buddies joining us on Eurodam)

At the risk of sounding stupid:o, could someone post where I can go to make reservations for my son, his BF and I for the Atlantis Allure cruise next year? I went to the Atlantis website but could not find out anything on this cruise. Thank you very much in advance, I want to surprise my son and his BF.

This won't go on sale for a few months to the general public who wasn't onboard. If your son was on this past January sailing he can call up and get a room with no issues. It's unveiled on each cruise usually what is up for the next year and those folks until after the March sailings have first dibs. Second dibs go to alumni and then it's released to the general public. Hope this helps. If you're trying to get something lined up you could always contact Ellen in the Atlantis office. She's the greatest one there and she might be able to help you since your son was on this one and he'd be sailing with you next year. :)

This won't go on sale for a few months to the general public who wasn't onboard. If your son was on this past January sailing he can call up and get a room with no issues. It's unveiled on each cruise usually what is up for the next year and those folks until after the March sailings have first dibs. Second dibs go to alumni and then it's released to the general public. Hope this helps. If you're trying to get something lined up you could always contact Ellen in the Atlantis office. She's the greatest one there and she might be able to help you since your son was on this one and he'd be sailing with you next year. :)

Thank you so much, I will call Ellen, as I really wanted to surprise them.

I see you already got a good answer- but wow! Nice surprise gift! If you ever decide to adopt a 40-year-old, I'm totally available! :p

Thanks for the feel-good thread!

I see you already got a good answer- but wow! Nice surprise gift! If you ever decide to adopt a 40-year-old, I'm totally available! :p

Thanks for the feel-good thread!

Ah, thank you for making me feel so wanted on this board. I wish straight people were as compassionate as Gay people, this world would be so much nicer.

When my son came out to me and his dad which was no real surprise (I think we knew before he did) my mission is life was to try and convince everyone I knew and everyone I came across, that every human being has the right to love & share a life with who they want. Love has no eyes and knows no gender. Have I been successful, I believe I have and I will keep trying. I have been very successful helping other parents when their children come out to ensure the family bond and love stays intact.

Hum, adopt you, well O.K.

What a great spokesmom for the gay community ;-). You should definitely join your son and his BF on board.

I too was thinking about the Atlantis Allure cruise once it goes on sale. Does anyone have information on the pricing for this cruise?

That's funny you said that because I was so jealous of all the fun he had, I asked if I could go next time with him and his BF. My son said, " of course Mom, you would have a great time too".

A Great Mom, has Great Children. Thank you for the compliment.

What a great Mom! If you like to have fun you should definetely join him on one of these cruises, it is so much fun and such a comfortable atmosphere in my opinion. as mentioned there were some moms onboard the Liberty.

No, his Dad & I are very lucky to have such a fine son. I am very blessed to have 3 children, very much different from each other but all 3 of them with a bond and love that can never be broken.

You all are the bomb!!

My mother came around right away, but it took Dad 13 years before he welcomed my partner into his life (and me back into it!).

Good news is that we are all going away on a cruise in a couple of weeks together...

What a great spokesmom for the gay community ;-). You should definitely join your son and his BF on board.

I too was thinking about the Atlantis Allure cruise once it goes on sale. Does anyone have information on the pricing for this cruise?

Thank you, I do appreciate the compliment but I am looking forward to the day that I no longer need to be a spokesperson, that is my dream. The only I have found out is that it is 2/06/11 - 2/13/11 Eastern Caribbean, wish it was the Western, I wasn't very impressed with the Eastern.

What a great Mom! If you like to have fun you should definetely join him on one of these cruises, it is so much fun and such a comfortable atmosphere in my opinion. as mentioned there were some moms onboard the Liberty.

I'm going to try everything in my power to go on this next one, especially the Allure next February. A Mom loves to see her son happy and enjoying life with those who love and respect him, that would be the favorite part of the cruise. Of course, all of you crazy ones (a good crazy), that would be a blast too.

You all are the bomb!!

My mother came around right away, but it took Dad 13 years before he welcomed my partner into his life (and me back into it!).

Good news is that we are all going away on a cruise in a couple of weeks together...

I'm so sorry your dad wasted 13 precious years of losing out on his child's life, his loss, but unfortunately, yours too. I go around and speak to parents and try to help them not to lose out on their children's life, when their children come out. I have been active with PFLAG for years and love every minute of it. I am most proud, that last year, I was able to convince the school board to allow me to hand out flyers at 8 high schools, for parents who had children that came out and need someone to speak to. I also go to the counseling office twice a month in case there are kids who want to come out to their parents but are afraid to. There is way too many gay suicide teens in America and if I can save just one, then my time is very well spent.

I am so happy that now you have rejoined as a family. Have a great cruise together.

Thank you, I do appreciate the compliment but I am looking forward to the day that I no longer need to be a spokesperson, that is my dream. The only I have found out is that it is 2/06/11 - 2/13/11 Eastern Caribbean, wish it was the Western, I wasn't very impressed with the Eastern.

CALMOM,

There are two Caribbean cruises that Atlantis does each year. The January one (which in 2011 will be in February) is Eastern Caribbean and considered more party intensive with the ports being more "common" when it comes to Caribbean ports.

The March one (which in 2011 is said to be leaving from San Juan on the Celebrity Summit) is said to be more for port stopping with the dance parties also (meaning the parties don't last at full capacity til the wee hours of the morning). Not to say they are not fun it is just a different atmosphere.

Both are said to be fun (I'm just saying this from what I've heard from friends I have yet to be on one of the Caribbean ones, but have been to the Med and will be on the Australia/New Zealand Atlantis one next month).

I will be going on the Allure as that is a ship that we all want to be on and I'm sure you will enjoy it. Just let your son and his bf be who they want to be while on this trip and you will enjoy it too. You will see lots of fun and crazy costumes and some great entertainment that Atlantis brings on board plus some of the standard RCCL entertainment too.

What a wonderful posting.

Hearing a parents comments like this is just beautiful. My parents were just the opposite....its been 16 years since I have heard from them...they are just the opposite about gay people....there is no place for them. Life goes on.

So your son is very fortunate.

As for taking a gay cruise......I'd say go for it.

I would suggest the smaller ships (which arent so small). I would also suggest RSVP for a family trip...as I think the crowd is a bit more diversified.

I remember on one RSVP cruise I met two ladies one evening.....I guess in their 40's.....They said they were lovers.....my gaydar said I dont think so. So after a beverage together they told me they were just best friends, left the husbands and kids at home and booked the cruise. After hearing how much more fun the gay charters were. I asked them what they thought of the trip so far...their response...we have already booked for next year...and may bring the husband.

My straight friends who have cruised with me on mainstream cruises have expressed interest in a gay charter......I think its time.

To you and your husband.......thank you for embracing your son and his BF....its just wonderful.

In the meantime...I am preapring for the RSVP cruise on Eurodam sailing Feb 13th. Next year...Atlantis perhaps on their cruise out of San Juan on the Summit. Alure...just too big.

Enjoy!

What a wonderful posting.

Hearing a parents comments like this is just beautiful. My parents were just the opposite....its been 16 years since I have heard from them...they are just the opposite about gay people....there is no place for them. Life goes on.

So your son is very fortunate.

As for taking a gay cruise......I'd say go for it.

I would suggest the smaller ships (which arent so small). I would also suggest RSVP for a family trip...as I think the crowd is a bit more diversified.

I remember on one RSVP cruise I met two ladies one evening.....I guess in their 40's.....They said they were lovers.....my gaydar said I dont think so. So after a beverage together they told me they were just best friends, left the husbands and kids at home and booked the cruise. After hearing how much more fun the gay charters were. I asked them what they thought of the trip so far...their response...we have already booked for next year...and may bring the husband.

My straight friends who have cruised with me on mainstream cruises have expressed interest in a gay charter......I think its time.

To you and your husband.......thank you for embracing your son and his BF....its just wonderful.

In the meantime...I am preapring for the RSVP cruise on Eurodam sailing Feb 13th. Next year...Atlantis perhaps on their cruise out of San Juan on the Summit. Alure...just too big.

Enjoy!

We keep trying to talk out best friends (straight) into coming along on a gay trip, too..

The husband has said he wouldn't mind, but his wife says no...(I think she's afraid that her husband would get tooooo much attention---being a former Miami cop and all...)

:D

Archived