Can somebody recommend a driver in Bangkok?

gastronome

We will be in Bangkok on the Azamara Quest. We are looking for a driver to take us around the city on February 23 (2:00PM until 11:00PM) and February 24 (7:00AM until 1:00PM). Any recommendations and suggested rates?

Thank you for your help.

We will be in Bangkok on the Azamara Quest. We are looking for a driver to take us around the city on February 23 (2:00PM until 11:00PM) and February 24 (7:00AM until 1:00PM). Any recommendations and suggested rates?

Thank you for your help.

ImageLimo.com does airport pickup, ship transfers, and also offers hourly and daily drivers. Ask for Rob... they've been very responsive to our emails.

We are also on the Quest Feb 20-March 6. Has anyone checked out http://bangkokdaytours.com/ ??? I've read some good reviews about this company. The prices seem to come down when more people book together.

Do you have a list of places you want to see or will you leave it up to the driver or the company to suggest an itinerary??

Brenda & Dan ( Edmonton, Alberta CANADA)

We are also on the Quest Feb 20-March 6. Has anyone checked out http://bangkokdaytours.com/ ??? I've read some good reviews about this company. The prices seem to come down when more people book together.

Do you have a list of places you want to see or will you leave it up to the driver or the company to suggest an itinerary??

Brenda & Dan ( Edmonton, Alberta CANADA)

Hi Brenda & Dan,

You need to come over to our very active roll call for the Feb 20 Quest sailing. Here is a link. LINK

We are using Tong in Bangkok. She is very reasonably priced. Her website is http://www.tourwithtong.com/index.htm

Thank you for your help.

www.ratservice.com Rat is absolutely wonderful. If she's available, look no further. After recommendation on this web site, we hired her in 2006 and again last year. Many of our cruising friends have also hired her.

Cheers,

Kathy.

• 1 month later...
www.ratservice.com Rat is absolutely wonderful. If she's available, look no further. After recommendation on this web site, we hired her in 2006 and again last year. Many of our cruising friends have also hired her.

Cheers,

Kathy.

Hi Kathy

I'm on the March 29 Diamond but saw your post about Rat here. I can't get the enquiry form on Rat's website to go through. Do you happen to have an email address? Thanks.

John

Hi Kathy

I'm on the March 29 Diamond but saw your post about Rat here. I can't get the enquiry form on Rat's website to go through. Do you happen to have an email address? Thanks.

John

Here's another car service we used in Bangkok on our recent trip the beginning of February. They picked us up from the airport when we arrived (at midnite), and also took us from our hotel to Laem Chabang on cruise departure day. Very clean cars, polite drivers (though their English was limited), right on time, and their price was quite reasonable. They also offer reasonable hourly / daily rates for sightseeing tours in/around Bangkok, but we didn't utilize those ourselves so cannot comment on their tour guiding skills.

http://www.imagelimo.com

337/2 Mu.12 Soi.12 Thappaya Rd.,

Nongprue, Banglamung,

Chonburi 20260

Thailand

Tel. +66 38 251 755

Fax. +66 38 250 212

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely think Tong made our trip. We had tourguides in other cities while we cruised on the Diamond Princess in Oct 2009, but Tong was the best. I felt I knew her forever in the first 20 minutes. She is thoughtful, funny and always has waters and cold cloths on hand. Everyone knows here, and she can get into places where others can't. She is extremely busy so getting communication back from her is tough, but she will come through.:)

I certainly agree with Janina. Of all the private tours we have taken all over the world, hers stands out as the best.

When she was having email problems, I just called her. We have a very inexpensive LD service and it cost less than 4 cents a minute. You can sign up for one of those very easily.

We're on an Asian cruise in November 2010 and after the Preisman's travel blog (see above) and other recommendations I have contacted Tour With Tong in Bangkok. It took her 3 days to reply to my 1st inquiry, but she has been very responsive since then. I have read on some discussion threads that Tong did not return emails. She often receives 200 emails a day with new tour request and finalizing those she has been working with along with guiding some of the tours herself. She's successful and busy and will return your emails...be patient. Also be concise when writing to her so that she understands in as few words as possible what she can do for you. If we can arrange the transfers and tour with Tong I think it will be a fun, educational, and memorable time in Bangkok!! Much thanks to the Preisman's and the time they spent sharing their travels!!

• 1 month later...
We're on an Asian cruise in November 2010 and after the Preisman's travel blog (see above) and other recommendations I have contacted Tour With Tong in Bangkok. It took her 3 days to reply to my 1st inquiry, but she has been very responsive since then. I have read on some discussion threads that Tong did not return emails. She often receives 200 emails a day with new tour request and finalizing those she has been working with along with guiding some of the tours herself. She's successful and busy and will return your emails...be patient. Also be concise when writing to her so that she understands in as few words as possible what she can do for you. If we can arrange the transfers and tour with Tong I think it will be a fun, educational, and memorable time in Bangkok!! Much thanks to the Preisman's and the time they spent sharing their travels!!

We also enjoyed the Preisman's travel blog and because of it are booking with Tong for April, 2011. Please post your experiences after your adventure in November. We have booked two different tour days. She has asked for a deposit for the full day. We are waiting to hear about the half day deposit. Did you have to also pay a deposit?

Have fun in your planning!!!

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

Baggirl,

You can ask Ha to use the same guides that I used and she should be able to fix you up.

Regarding Bangkok, I got an email from Tong this morning. I was asking her if things have gotten back to normal in her beautiful city. Apparently business is very good, since she has been flooded with requests. She has recently had surgery and was far behind on her emails. That along with email issues does make it hard to run a business. She feels badly that she hasn't been able to get back to everyone. Her and her other guides really provide for a fun and informative day. I hope you are lucky enough to be able to book with her.

Tong's email box is full and has been for some days.

Mike, what is that card you were talking about for inexpensive overseas long distance calling? And her phone number, too, if you please.

Have enjoyed reading about your trip.

Thanks

Libby

Tong's email box is full and has been for some days.

Mike, what is that card you were talking about for inexpensive overseas long distance calling? And her phone number, too, if you please.

Have enjoyed reading about your trip.

Thanks

Libby

Per Tong's website, www.tourwithtong.com her number is 011 + 66 8 1 8350 240

I switched to a long distance service called OPEX http://www.opex-sales.com/, which has very cheap international rates. You can also do a search and find a company that you can buy a cheap calling card from.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived