Does Early Saver apply here?

teaach

My DH and I were on the Splendor last April. All ports were cancelled due to H1N1 flu. We were given 50% off our next cruise. We booked Early Saver,

4/15/2010 to Bermuda and were charged $909.00 for the 2 cruise fares. On another site I found the identical 8D balcony category for the same cruise listed as $754.00 Senior rate. Are we entitled to the Early Saver difference of

$155.00?

If you got the Early Saver rate, Carnival is supposed to guarantee that rate is the lowest possible rate up until 2 days before you sail. If you find the exact cruise, cabin category, and sail date at a cheaper rate, Carnival will give you the difference in onboard credit. You need to contact them and fill out a short form that's on their website.

I would call them (Carnival) asap since rates change quickly to lock in on the lesser fare. They can look up your information quicker than going through a TA, I would think.

Please post any results you get in this matter as we just booked with the Early Saver as well and I'm anxious to see how efficient they are at giving you the cheaper rate.

I just got off the phone with my PVP. They got my filled out ES form and they said they will figure it out today. My pvp said she would send me an email when they are done. Could be in the neighborhood of $150.00 for myself and my DH. Big wahoo!:D

I just got off the phone with my PVP. They got my filled out ES form and they said they will figure it out today. My pvp said she would send me an email when they are done. Could be in the neighborhood of $150.00 for myself and my DH. Big wahoo!:D

Good luck, that amount would take a nice size bite out of the tips and bar bill.

My DH and I were on the Splendor last April. All ports were cancelled due to H1N1 flu. We were given 50% off our next cruise. We booked Early Saver,

4/15/2010 to Bermuda and were charged $909.00 for the 2 cruise fares. On another site I found the identical 8D balcony category for the same cruise listed as $754.00 Senior rate. Are we entitled to the Early Saver difference of

$155.00?

ES Price Matching is only against Carnival-Advertised rates; Carnival doesn't price match rates on TA sites unless Carnival is advertising/offering the same rate. ken

ES Price Matching is only against Carnival-Advertised rates; Carnival doesn't price match rates on TA sites unless Carnival is advertising/offering the same rate. ken

However I have requested a reduction when I have seen a price on a poplar

travel site that uses a troll. Well I copied the prices page and emailed it to

them. It was not directly available on CCL page but on the travel site. I was

told as long it available on any public website, that requires no membership,

then I can get the OBC. I have made at least 3 drops this way with no issues.

However I have requested a reduction when I have seen a price on a poplar

travel site that uses a troll. Well I copied the prices page and emailed it to

them. It was not directly available on CCL page but on the travel site. I was

told as long it available on any public website, that requires no membership,

then I can get the OBC. I have made at least 3 drops this way with no issues.

for what it's worth:

"Price Protection: Price protection applies to new Early Saver bookings only and requires payment of a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit. Applies to cruise fare only. Applies only to a Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public and excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates..."

ken

I wonder if that's true, why they ask what website you see the lower rate, on the price drop form. :confused:

IMO - I suspect they appropriated the 110% Price Protection Form (which needs to know the external site advertising the rate in question) to use when they introduced Early Saver. Doesn't matter, as the ES Terms & Conditions override anything the Price Adjustment Request displays or implies.

ken

Archived