Need your best tips/advice for Liberty!

When we went to Belize, we did a combo tour - jungle ziplining and cave inner-tubing. Everything was excellent, if a bit crowded. One new attraction they've added there is Zorbing - rolling down a hill inside a large inflatable ball.

I hear the ruins are nice but they all require an all-day tour with long drives.

For pix of the ziplining and cave tubing, see my web site for that port.

Thanks everyone! (and thanks to the original poster of this thread, considering I piggytailed off of it haha) This website has been so great, especially for a newbie like me trying to plan excursions. My LOS western goes to Costa Maya, Belize City, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. I have already reserved the stingray/snorkeling trip with Stingray Sailing in G.C. I want to do Nachi Como in Cozumel (and still prob will) but am concerned about our port times (7 am-4 pm). I'm still up in the air in Costa Maya (may just wander Majuhaul and eat/drink!) and Belize (some ruins, possibly). All the pics are wonderful and I love the reviews/suggestions.

Thanks again!

Pacruiser116,

MY dh and I were just on the LOS in November and did your ports of call- I wanted to go see ruins (dh didnt want too spend all day on bus) - We saw some ruins while we were @ Costa Maya- the ruins we went to were only about an 1 hour away -independent tour company- Native Choice- Check out the port board for the reviews- They were cheaper than the ship excursions and we had a Mayian (sp?)

decendent for a guide. We snorkled in Belize.

To the OP- You will have a great time on the Liberty- if I can find the picture I will upload of 2 of our waiters from November- Ramon & Robert both from Jamaica. They made our dining experience great!!:)

The pictures that are posted are great!-

kathy

Thanks Mike for the great pics! Where was the picture of the group Kayaking taken?

2953139740104148394S600x600Q85.jpg

Labadee, but take note that RCL is donating all profits from this island stop to the Haiti Relief. Any excursions booked here will also help the local economy. I support RCL for continued spport of the economy when it would have been so easy to divert ships to other ports. They as a corporation have done much more that any of the other lines to help.

Note also these photo were taken in May of 2008, since then a new dock has been build so they no longer use tenders, you can walk off the ships.

Archived