Sunset Beach Prices

houstoncruisers2001

How was it for the price? Going next week and it's a consideration for Jamaica at this point. We're still deciding between it and just going to Doctors Cave Beach.

Good question. I had been there before when it was $40 for adults and $20 for children. It will never be mistaken for a 5 star resort that's for sure. Pools are nice, one has a swim up bar. Water park is a little rough around the edges, but i did float in the tube. The kids I were with had fun. There are water toys to use and a full buffet lunch & a grill included in the price. If you are drinkers you'd get your money's worth for sure. Also, it's 5 minutes from the ship. The beach is ok, but it's no Seven Mile Beach like in Grand Cayman. Doesn't compare to Cancun or Cozumel either. My group had a good time, but I can see why others wouldn't like it. Does that help? I guess it all depends on what you want to spend to eat & drink for a few hours.

Good question. Water park is a little rough around the edges, but i did float in the tube. The kids I were with had fun.

Can you elaborate a little on this? Is the water park old and not in good shape (dangerous)? We were thinking about taking our two 5 year olds but I don't want to pay for this if they can't enjoy playing on all of the water toys and stay busy all day. We'd rather just stay on the boat then. Thanks for helping.

Can you elaborate a little on this? Is the water park old and not in good shape (dangerous)? We were thinking about taking our two 5 year olds but I don't want to pay for this if they can't enjoy playing on all of the water toys and stay busy all day. We'd rather just stay on the boat then. Thanks for helping.

It's not dangerous at all. I meant that maybe certain parts could use a new paint job. Some of the inner tubes looked like they have been run through the mill too.

Hi houstoncruisers2001;

Did you just take a taxi from the pier?

Is there a special taxi or any taxi will do?

Sorry for all the questions but I am a bit worried about getting off in Ocho Rios after reading all the reviews.

Thanks

Stefanny, the Sunset Beach I went to was in Montego Bay, not Ocho Rios.

• 3 weeks later...

[There are water toys to use and a full buffet lunch & a grill included in the price. If you are drinkers you'd get your money's worth for sure. I guess it all depends on what you want to spend to eat & drink for a few hours.

So food and drink (alcohol) are included in the entrance price? And is it AYCE? We're traveling w/ a party of 21, and trying to find something close, fun, and inexpensive that most of us will enjoy. Thanks for your help Tom.

Archived