Taking Soda Aboard

cruisemama69

We don't drink soda, but I take a 12 pack of bottled water. I always take my carry on bag that rolls. I place the unopened 12 pack into a duffel bag and set the bag on top of the rolling carry on bag. Slip the duffel bag handle over the telescoping handle on the carry on bag, and it "rides" nicely through the terminal. On the trip home, I use the empty duffel bag for our souvenirs. :cool:

I create "soda luggage". I pack a roll of packing tape into my luggage, when I arrive in the cruise port city I stop at a grocery store and pick up 3 six packs of 20 oz. bottles. I tape two six packs together on the bottom, then invert the third six pack into the middle of the two bottom six packs creating a pyramid. Then I tape the whole thing together including a carring strap made out of tape.

Bottles are your best option because they are re-sealable. In 15 cruises I have never had a problem with my carry-on soda luggage. I also pack a collapsable cooler that I keep loaded with ice in the cabin.

We took a 12 pack of water and a 12 pack of soda. We just put in our bags when we arrived to the port. Just didn't want to carry them around until the room was ready.

You will see people pulling several cases of water and soda.. Carnival's policy is vague just saying a reasonable amount of soda is allowed.

I carry on a few 12 packs of pepsi and water bottles, never had a problem. I don't like coke and unfortunatley they don't offer pepsi products on the ship. We have never had a problem. I have also put some in my check luggage before, just put them in zip lock bags and then in plastic bags as I would hate for them to leak and ruin my luggage or someone elses.

Kim

We always bring bottled water with us and have never had an issue boarding. Imagine if everyone carrying soda, water and booze had their luggage searched the ship would never sail!

As long as it resonable I think there isn't going to be an issue.

Enjoy,

Buddy

On 1-2-10 going on Fantasy we were in line by a family pushing a baby stroller. We didn't see a baby anywhere, but the stroller had at least 4 12-packs of soda. :eek: I assume the authorities let them just roll it on.

Strangest thing we've ever seen in regards to taking on soda!

As I recall there are two ports in San Juan. If the Victory docks across the street from the Sheraton Hotel, then you are all set. There is a couple of convience stores nearby. I warn you however depending on where you are from, the soda may not taste the same as you are used to.

As I recall there are two ports in San Juan. If the Victory docks across the street from the Sheraton Hotel, then you are all set. There is a couple of convience stores nearby. I warn you however depending on where you are from, the soda may not taste the same as you are used to.

I was afraid of that! When we went to Cancun for our honeymoon, the Pepsi was not the Pepsi I know and love. I'm actually working on quitting my 3 Pepsi a day habit! Thinking of the money I'll save on soda I can spend on Drinks of the day!!! I'm down to 1, today I haven't had ANY! Hubby on the other hand drinks Diet Pepsi constantly, so I guess we'll pack at least a 12 pk for him.

Archived