All kids in a room

lcmc

What is the best way to handle this? We have a large group planning a cruise. We want to put the kids in a room by themselves. All are 17 and 18. We were thinking of naming an adult to the room but then that adult would not have a key to the room they are actually going to be in and the kid that we swapped for that adult would not have a key to the room they are actually in. Any ideas?

What is the best way to handle this? We have a large group planning a cruise. We want to put the kids in a room by themselves. All are 17 and 18. We were thinking of naming an adult to the room but then that adult would not have a key to the room they are actually going to be in and the kid that we swapped for that adult would not have a key to the room they are actually in. Any ideas?

When you get onboard, have the keys swapped so you can have the other child, not in the room, have privledges to get in.

It's that simple.

Will they be on the same charge account?

When you get onboard, have the keys swapped so you can have the other child, not in the room, have privledges to get in.

It's that simple.

Will they be on the same charge account?

Kids will be on different accounts. We will have 2 rooms with kids. Parents will be mixed in other rooms.

If the kids are within three doors of the parents an adult does not have to be booked into their room.

Otherwise you can switch people around when you get onboard.

The pursers desk will give you a key to the kids room. Just make sure that you have a kid with you at the desk.

If the kids are within three doors of the parents an adult does not have to be booked into their room.

Otherwise you can switch people around when you get onboard.

The pursers desk will give you a key to the kids room. Just make sure that you have a kid with you at the desk.

They will not be 3 doors down since parents will have balcony rooms on upper deck and kids will have inside rooms on upper. What about a new key for the adult that is booked in the kids room? Same thing? Just get another key from purser?

They will not be 3 doors down since parents will have balcony rooms on upper deck and kids will have inside rooms on upper. What about a new key for the adult that is booked in the kids room? Same thing? Just get another key from purser?

Unclear- the kids will be further away? No chance of getting the room across the hall from the balcony room? How many kids are you talking here and is there reason to think that maybe it would be good to have some adults nearby? Kids that age are not always the most thoughtful of creatures.

Unclear- the kids will be further away? No chance of getting the room across the hall from the balcony room? How many kids are you talking here and is there reason to think that maybe it would be good to have some adults nearby? Kids that age are not always the most thoughtful of creatures.

There is no chance of getting an inside room across the hall. I have checked. We are talking 2 rooms of 3 kids each. The kids will be in an inside/inside room. They do not need adults in the room. They are responsible kids.

I did this last year when I took my daughter and 4 of her friends on Carnival for their senior year spring break. We booked two rooms and Carnival would not allow me to book teens under 18 in a room without an adult, but my daughter could be in a room alone because we were related.

My daughter and I got our keys switched when we got on board and all was fine. The girls had a great time and I got some peace and quiet in a room by myself.

Just did this last week. We just got an "key only" card for all the rooms (we had 4). Some people may have 2 cards, but it worked out fine. We HAD to have an adult in each cabin...however, our friends with us did not. So, I don't know if some are more strict on it than others? Although we used the same PVP...no idea. ;-) But, it is very easy to get "key only" cards.

5waldos - I agree with you. Teenagers will be teenagers and if they were mine I would DEFINITELY want them closer to our cabin! You just never know what kids that age will do when you a number of them together! I know, I raised 2 kids myself!

5waldos - I agree with you. Teenagers will be teenagers and if they were mine I would DEFINITELY want them closer to our cabin! You just never know what kids that age will do when you a number of them together! I know, I raised 2 kids myself!

It's not like they are far away. Basically across the hall other than them being in an interior hallway inside. Plus we already told them we are taping the door at night.

It's not like they are far away. Basically across the hall other than them being in an interior hallway inside. Plus we already told them we are taping the door at night.

Oh, that is a great idea LOL I may do this but NOT tell my dd and her friend I am doing this.

It is very common and easy to do.

Just go to the pursurs desk when you board and take care of it with the kids/parents.

Archived