Debarkation time?

2preschoolers

We are not flying home the day the cruise ends - we're renting a car. What time is a good time to expect to be off the ship? And if it takes longer than expected, etc - do the car rental shuttles run continuously or how do we let them know that we won't be out there at the time we stated for pick up?

I haven't cruised in a LOOONG time but i recall they used to let those who had earlier flights off first so wondering if they "hold" those without flights on to get off last?

Thank you!

Carnival has a self-debarkation program for those that wish to leave the ship early. You must carry all your luggage off yourself. If you go the usual route leaving your luggage outside your cabin the night before you will be assigned a number and you cannot debark till the number is called. If you number is early you can linger on board until about 10:00 to 10:30ish before you will be chased off the ship.

What about taking the carnival shuttle to the airport and renting a car there, which will make it easier to return when you are due to fly out! :confused:

We have a one-way rental for pick up at the Port of Miami and return back to the airport - no extra fee to do it that way. ;) Why pay the excessive money Carnival charges (especially for of us) to get to the airport? Although I'm not a seasoned cruiser so maybe I'm missing something. But just figured with 2 little kids, why go the extra hassle of going to the airport to rent a car.

We are not flying home the day the cruise ends - we're renting a car. What time is a good time to expect to be off the ship?

Which ship?

Liberty.

Carnival has a self-debarkation program for those that wish to leave the ship early. You must carry all your luggage off yourself. If you go the usual route leaving your luggage outside your cabin the night before you will be assigned a number and you cannot debark till the number is called. If you number is early you can linger on board until about 10:00 to 10:30ish before you will be chased off the ship.

THANKS! Wouldn't self debarkation be easier? (I hate having to put my luggage out at midnight and leave it in the hallway) Or maybe they don't have any type of luggage carts to get your luggage out if you do it by yourself - We'll have 2 kids so not everyone is able to drag luggage along. :rolleyes:

Archived