we nearly had a free cruise courtesy of RCI

I still can't believe that this nearly happened :).

We just did the Brilliance repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Dubai. Having sailed many times with RCI we know when to expect the info re disembarking the ship and the relevant colour luggage tags.

On the morning when our lovely steward was delivering the luggage labels we didn't receive any so I asked her why not, we were not on her list :(. Off I went to Guest relations and asked what information they had for us and she confirmed we were down for the next cruise. I was amazed, I knew we hadn't booked the next cruise so asked tongue in cheek what cabin would we be having and she confirmed we wouldn't have to move as we were staying in the same one, even more amazed.

I was hastily trying to work out how we could take advantage of RCI's generous offer but we had non- transferable flights booked back to the UK and also a hotel booked and paid for in Dubai for one night. Was it worth the risk? would we get rumbled half way through the next cruise ? :D:p.

I am still confused as to how this could happen , we can only assume the original occupants of our upgraded cabin who didn't make it to the ship were booked for the B2B, pity , we had the time to do it:).

Archived