Bannister gossip

Boatingmom

Why doesnt Carnival offer Bannister Island as a bea:confused:ch break tour anymore??????????????????

I think the facility was in the process of being sold. Not sure th estatus, but probably the sale negated the Carnival contract. I seem to recall pax are still going there recently via private vendors, but could be wrong on that.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this tour through Carnival last year. During the cruise after ours we were told there had been a murder on the island and it was pulled as an excursion for the time being. I also heard the island was being sold. It was our favorite island by far! Well worth making the special effort to get there.

We were just in Belize on the Liberty 2-7 sailing. While in Belize, you can get off the tenders, and turn to the right, go almost to the end of the dock area, and get info on going to Bannister island on your own. It is through Eco tours. The price for the beach only is $30. pp. If you want to snorkel, it is a little more. They have a couple times they leave, so I would advise getting on the first tender you can, and checking it out. I don't like to book a beach day in advance, just in case we have bad weather. Next time we are in Belize, on the NCL Pearl in Oct., this is what I will be doing. I have been to Belize 4 times now, and not made it to Bannister. I am hoping to make it next time, so I hope the weather will be great for a beach day!

It is too bad that they won't tell you where the beach break is, but in the event of nasty weather, they would take you some place safer, and you might feel jipped if you hadn't gone to ABC island, but instead ended up at the DEF island instead. So they keep the beach option open. In regards to Bannister it was, I believe, the manager who was killed, and the cruise lines decided that the safety of their passengers came first. Can't complain. We did Goff's Caye and loved it.

Archived