San Juan Airport Transfers

ev8876

Hi all. We are planning on doing the Celebrity Constellation cruise next December 4 out of San Juan. We are arranging our own air. Does anyone know how much Celebrity charges for the transfers to the ship? Has anyone got any suggestions on alternative transportation to the ship? I don't know how much a cab(s) would cost. There are 8 of us so I know we wouldn't fit in one cab. Thanks.

We have sailed out of San Juan several times. We are also scheduled to be on the Constillation on November 20th.

I would always suggest skipping the cruise line transfers and just get a cab. I do not know the cost of the cab fare, but I would be that two cabs with four people in each would still be much cheaper than the transfers.

Plus, you do not have to wait for the bus to fill up and can go to the airport when you want on disembarkation day.

Hi,

We went on the Constellation out of San Juan in January. We always get transfers but decided to go with a taxi instead. Best move we ever made. We walked outside the airport and someone from ground transportation will ask how many people and pieces of luggage. 2 of us with 2 pieces was $17.No hassle just a great set price. One thing, do not pay anyone except the driver after you get to the cruise terminal. We got in a van and went to the terminal with just us(van will hold the 8 of you). It was cheaper than the transfers,much quicker and no waiting to unload the luggage from the bus.

Hey Fang,

Will be on the Nov 20 Connie with you. Flying in a day earlier and staying at the El Convento Hotel which should be interesting. Then doing a 3 day post-cruise at the Westin Rio Mar. See you at the CC meeting!

Ray icon_wink.gif

Just got back from our 7th cruise, first time doing our own air. Did our own transfers and was it a breeze! Cheaper, too! In San Juan our plane landed at 4:30 and we were on the ship at 5:30. Four of us and the cost was $21 plus tip. Someone is at the curb asking how many and she writes the amount down so you don't have to worry about getting screwed. Debarking was the best yet! Didn't have to wait for busses or for your luggage getting off the truck. We actually were checked in at United at 9:05 am and again cost was about the same. Didn't get home til 11:30 that night, but that's because of a long layover in Washington, D.C.

Hi Ray,

We are also coming down a night early. I have not yet picked a hotel.

Have you stayed in the El Convento Hotel before?

I was thinking about the El San Juan. Have stayed at the El several times, but it is expensive.

We are cruising with our two daughters. We have been on the Century several times with them and look forward to the much larger fun factory.

Please let me know about the hotel.

Thanks

Hi, Fang and Ray!

We will be with all of you on Connie also! We were the first signed up for the CC party and were starting to wonder if anyone else on these boards were cruising then. So nice to know we're not alone!

We're staying at the El Convento for a post-stay, so if we run into each other on the ship, you'll have to let me know what you thought!

-----------------

"When you see the Southern Cross for the first time, you'll understand just why you came this way."

We did a post cruise stay at the El Convento last December using transfers through Celebrity.

1. The El Convento was great. Nice rooms, great location and you'll love the free wine and cheese on the patio (and breakfast)!

2. I would not recommend the transfers we had trouble and actually ended up taking a taxi to the airport. The transfer from the ship to the hotel ended up going out to the airport first, it made a 10 minute ride into 40 minutes. The transfer back to the airport never showed, even after several calls from hotel staff. Celebrity did refund the cab cost. (It pays to have a son-in-law that's an attorney call.) Just take a cab.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;05;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Panama Canal on Summit

Archived