Dining question...I know you all will have the answer;)

newbieMom

We're sailing on the Splendor the Mexican Riviera in May, and I'm wondering if we can request a table with a window? Our preferred seating is early, to coincide with Camp Carnival hours, would it be a nice sunset time or would we have sun blazing in our eyes? Any part of the dining room the best for a window? On our last cruise we had a table with a big mirror, we'd love a view this time:) Any and all input and experience with this will be greatly appreciated!

Your dining room and table assignment will appear on your Sail and Sign card.

When you board check the location of your table. If you don't like it check with the Maitre d'. He or she will be available to take change request during embarkation. There's a fair chance that your request will be granted.

:)

Thanks! We're a family of 5, hoping to get table mates;) Good guess on the date too....that's when we'll be there;) So Mach, is there no way to "request" a window table ahead of time? I don't want to create any extra work for anyone, so if we didn't get a window, we'd just make the best of it. However, if there was a way to let them know we'd really appreciate a window before they make the seating arrangements, that would be wonderful:)

Thanks! We're a family of 5, hoping to get table mates;) Good guess on the date too....that's when we'll be there;) So Mach, is there no way to "request" a window table ahead of time? I don't want to create any extra work for anyone, so if we didn't get a window, we'd just make the best of it. However, if there was a way to let them know we'd really appreciate a window before they make the seating arrangements, that would be wonderful:)

The dining assignments are done by the Maitre d' about a week to ten days out so it's really difficult to do anything that specific.

I'd still do what I suggested... check the table assignment and get with the Maitre d'. As you aren't requesting a table for two (a far more difficult request to grant...) he'll probably be able to accommodate you...

:)

There is no way to request a window ahead of time. Even your early dining time is just a request. You really are not sure exactly what dining time you have until you board and receive your S&S card. The only guaranteed dining times are extended to Platinum passengers.

Archived