new reviews of the empress--please write us

Do we have any new reviews of the EOS. Looking to hear from some cc friends.

I have not seen any of my buddies saying anything about her....Is that bad or did you enjoy Bermuda...

Thanks all.... New sPA---DO THEY HAVE RASOUL

Bermuda was beautiful, and the weather was perfect. The Empress is still somewhat under construction! They were bring new bar stools onto the ship Sunday as we were disembarking. The new Bolero's Lounge is very nice, as is the Schooner bar - all new furniture. There are new carpets throughout. I don't think all the rooms have been completed, because I heard that they were installing new shower curtains in some cabins during the week.

I don't think they had Rasul. The new updated spa area on deck 10 is very nice - I had a facial, and my husband had the hot stone message, which he really enjoyed.

Although we didn't attend all the shows, I thought the entertainment was better than usual - really enjoyed it.

Food was fine - not great, but plentiful (at least in my opinion, although I confess I do not cruise for food!). My husband played golf three times and was in heaven - Port Royal is still a magnificent course, although they lost 300+ trees to last year's hurricane. But they have done a remarkable job of recovery from the hurricane. If you didn't know they had been hit, there was very little evidence.

I didn't save any paper, but am willing to try to answer any questions. This was our 5th cruise to Bermuda, and 2nd on the Empress. We thoroughly enjoyed the entire trip. I think the Empress really shines in the area of service, especially in the dining room. The wait staff are fantastic!!!

Cathy and John

KathyB,

Glad to hear you had a great time. We went on the NE on 3/20 for our first cruise and loved it. Can't wait to sail her again!

Who were you waiters and Room Attendant?

Nordic Empress 3/2004
4/2005 Undecided!

nukester,

i wrote a pretty detailed (okay, wordy) review but there's a backlog with cruisecritic putting up reviews. i don't know when it will be up but if you can't wait, email me and i'll send it. (though if enough people seem interested i could just post it here in the meantime.)

[email]chandrayoung@excite.com[/email]

youngs--

I'm with redjoan...please post your review...we're also sailing in July, and are anxious for any and all feedback!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;18;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
till we're Bermuda bound on the NE

hi all,

I'll post a new thread within an hour or so. I'd post it right now but I don't have the final draft with me.
Look for: REVIEW! Empress of the Seas(long)

Thanks,
Chandra

Archived