Shipping liquor home from Nassau?

2Cruise4Ever

Hello fellow CC-ers! Did a search but came up with nothing. We are flying home from our NCL Sky cruise next weekend so we can't bring liquor with us (don't want to check it in our luggage). Can we ship it home? I'm from MD, but have friends in WV who are allowed to receive liquor via mail, FedEx, etc. Is it possible to ship it from the liquor store in Nassau?

Hello fellow CC-ers! Did a search but came up with nothing. We are flying home from our NCL Sky cruise next weekend so we can't bring liquor with us (don't want to check it in our luggage). Can we ship it home? I'm from MD, but have friends in WV who are allowed to receive liquor via mail, FedEx, etc. Is it possible to ship it from the liquor store in Nassau?

Even if you could, once you paid for shipping. (which is far more expensive than you pay in the states).. and you pay the duty on the liquor (10%) (you are only allowed 2 ltrs duty free).. you're not really getting any break and I can't think of anything here that I'd go thru this much trouble to take home.

It's not like your in the French wine country.

Even if you could, once you paid for shipping. (which is far more expensive than you pay in the states).. and you pay the duty on the liquor (10%) (you are only allowed 2 ltrs duty free).. you're not really getting any break and I can't think of anything here that I'd go thru this much trouble to take home.

It's not like your in the French wine country.

Thanks scubagirrl. We are well aware of the duty. We typically take anywhere from 10 to 20 bottles off the ship when we cruise and have never paid more than $10 for the duty. But, this is the first time in about 10 years that we're flying to a cruise. So, I just wanted to know if it was possible. A litre bottle of Absolut here is about $40. If I remember correctly, it's less than half that in Nassau. So, the shipping cost must be absolutely sky high for it to end up costing us more than what we'd pay here.

Archived