Dumb, Dumb, DUMB Camp Carnival Food Allergy Form!!!

ekatiel

Can we bring food to camp carnival for kids? (ours are ALL gluten intolerant). Teen and tween would make the best. The preschoolers don't understand that they can't have everything because I mimic a lot for them to have around others. Could i get gluten free pretzals and goldfish to send with them? I could probably even get prepackaged cookies. I hate for them to just watch others eat.

Ours aren't the calmest at meal times so a night or two off would be nice but I don't mind bringing them to the MDR either. Our first cruise ever and food makes everything complicated. Mine don't have allergies that are an immediate threat but a threat that we'd have to deal with in the long run nonetheless.

I guess I would just not have my child eat there. How do you handle eating at the buffet or mdr? Surely they don't know if there are eggs in each bread if as someone said it can change all the time from where they got it from. Interesting. My family doesn't have severe allergies so these are things I have never thought of.

It's Dumb, Dumb, DUMB to think that Carnival has to take care of YOUR child. Be proactive and help them out instead of negatively posting about things that they are doing, when they are actually trying to help.. You are not the only person that has a child with food allergies, and it's not easy for them I'm sure.

Edited by poison7fl

It's Dumb, Dumb, DUMB to think that Carnival has to take care of YOUR child. Be proactive and help them out instead of negatively posting about things that they are doing, when they are actually trying to help.. You are not the only person that has a child with food allergies, and it's not easy for them I'm sure.

I don't think you understand the the OP's situation. You clearly do not have a child with food allergies. She is saying she does know how to help them out if they are not providing the ingredients. You would be shocked of some food ingredients and where food allergens can hide.

Her point is the the form is basically useless in terms of food allergies and she would be correct. For instance, my children can have some hamburgers but if wheat or oats have been used as fillers then they can't. Just seeing the word hamburger does not allow me to tell them whether or not my child can have it.

What would be helpful is allowing parents to just check off the top 8 allergens which most chefs are familiar with at this point and allow the kitchen to discern what should be given. Most packaging contains in bold print if any of these are in the food. So it wouldn't be that difficult.

Edited by camprunner

Our grandchildren cannot have gluten. When they went to Camp Carnival we never let them eat dinner with the group. We brought some snacks from home (GF pretzels, crackers, cookies, candies) and some zip lock bags. Everyday they told us what the snack would be the following day. We made up bags containing the closest thing we had to the snacks that everyone else had.

Since we had to pre-order their dinners the day before, we all went to early dinner together and around 7pm one of us took them back to Camp Carnival.

Our grandchildren cannot have gluten. When they went to Camp Carnival we never let them eat dinner with the group. We brought some snacks from home (GF pretzels, crackers, cookies, candies) and some zip lock bags. Everyday they told us what the snack would be the following day. We made up bags containing the closest thing we had to the snacks that everyone else had.

Since we had to pre-order their dinners the day before, we all went to early dinner together and around 7pm one of us took them back to Camp Carnival.

Thank you. This is very helpful for me! I just needed to make sure they would let us bring our own in.