Yet another Maho Beach Question - Different I think!

sharktums

Hi there,

Very excited to Visit Maho Beach on our upcoming Independence of the Seas 8 night in March. From everything I've read on the board I'm all prepared to take a cab from the ship to the beach, make sure I leave between 2:30 - 3pm on the way back. We'll be there on a Tuesday, so it looks like we won't have the crazy busy 'Oasis Wednesday Crowds' and it will also be after the big Regatta. Got all that.

Here's my question:

We have a three year old, and I'm trying to figure out from the pictures if the tables and chairs that are in the sand belong to the "new" Sunset Beach Bar and if we can sit down in that area and still be served food and drink. The little one will want to be in the sand, and we would prefer to be at a table eating and drinking. Do they charge for the tables? Are they first come first served? Can we call and reserve one in advance?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Usually, the beach bar that places the chairs will collect the rental fee. Since Sunset has "bar" food, you can probably take it out to your chair. We have never eaten at Sunset, either the original or new.

the picnic tables

2362372390096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

The chairs appear to be Sunset's, that is the only place this side of the runway.

2373749490096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

These pictures were taken right after the 2008 hurricane when the beach was being rebuilt. The debris is long gone.

Here's my question:

We have a three year old, and I'm trying to figure out from the pictures if the tables and chairs that are in the sand belong to the "new" Sunset Beach Bar and if we can sit down in that area and still be served food and drink. The little one will want to be in the sand, and we would prefer to be at a table eating and drinking. Do they charge for the tables? Are they first come first served? Can we call and reserve one in advance?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

The beach chairs belong to SSBG. I never saw any servers take food and drink to patrons in the beach chairs. You can sit at a table right there at the beach and watch the little ones.

No they don't charge for tables. It is first come first served. No reservations as far as I know.

Archived