Royal Caribbean & Celebrity

nubble88

If I was to go on a Celebrity Cruise, will that cruise be added to my Crown & Anchor towards Royal Caribbean? :rolleyes:

No. Cruise credits for the two lines are separate.

But being Elite on Celebrity makes you Diamond on Royal Caribbean.

Being Select on Celebrity makes you Platinum on Royal Caribbean.

And vice versa, of course.

I thought that once you reached 5 cruise credits, they were interchangeable. So if we reach 5 credits on RC, we could take a cruise on Celebrity and have it count as either 6 total on RC or 6 total on Celebrity. In other words, the first 5 credits are separate, but after the fifth they start to count on both lines. Does that make sense??

I thought because one was owned by the other, it could work that way. I guess I will have to get in touch with my travel agent. We were thinking about trying something new, but it would be great if the vacation could go towards Royal's Crown & Anchor.

I thought that once you reached 5 cruise credits, they were interchangeable. So if we reach 5 credits on RC, we could take a cruise on Celebrity and have it count as either 6 total on RC or 6 total on Celebrity. In other words, the first 5 credits are separate, but after the fifth they start to count on both lines. Does that make sense??

No.

The two lines do NOT combine cruise credits at ANY level.

You will be granted equivalent status on the other line, but the cruise credits are NOT added together.

And the first tier: Gold/Classic do NOT share equivalency.

I thought because one was owned by the other, it could work that way. I guess I will have to get in touch with my travel agent. We were thinking about trying something new, but it would be great if the vacation could go towards Royal's Crown & Anchor.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

I think that it's a pretty good deal that you can have equivalent status on the other line.

No, you cannot combine Celebrity and Royal Caribbean cruise credits - they accrue completely separately from one another.

The loyalty programs will provide reciprocal recognition once you make the second level in one of the programs. I.e. if you achieve Platinum in Crown & Anchor, you will be recognized at the equivalent level in Capatain's Club (Select level), but the credits will still continue to accrue separately. Likewise if you are Gold with Crown & Anchor you will be recognized as Elite with Captain's Club, but sailing on Celebrity will not help you towards getting to Diamond Plus.

No, you cannot combine Celebrity and Royal Caribbean cruise credits - they accrue completely separately from one another.

The loyalty programs will provide reciprocal recognition once you make the second level in one of the programs. I.e. if you achieve Platinum in Crown & Anchor, you will be recognized at the equivalent level in Capatain's Club (Select level), but the credits will still continue to accrue separately. Likewise if you are Gold with Crown & Anchor you will be recognized as Elite with Captain's Club, but sailing on Celebrity will not help you towards getting to Diamond Plus.

typo/brain hiccup - Diamond, not Gold, right, Gonzo? ;)

This was discussed in a recent thread. While the rule has been that points only accumulate on that brand for most all the time that RC has owned X, there are posters who convincingly stated that there was a very brief period of time when they were combining points. But that was some time ago and not the way it is now.

Celebrity actually lists this information on their website, under Captains Club:

Select Member Benefits (*5-9 earned tier credits)

Existing Benefits

• Complimentary use of the Loyalty Desk member service center between cruises

• Complimentary access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise

• A premium onboard discount booklet filled with special offers during each cruise

• Complimentary custom air request when booking your cruise

• Pre-sailing specialty restaurant reservations available before your cruise

• Annual member reunion cruises which include member events and discounts

• One category upgrade prior to sailing (when available)

• Complimentary online Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information

• Priority embarkation while boarding the ship

• Invitation to a complimentary wine seminar event

• Priority status for shore excursion waitlist

• Invitation to the exclusive Senior Officer's Cocktail Party

• Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Platinum Tier

Added Benefits

• Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event onboard each Celebrity sailing (except Celebrity Xpedition)

• 25% off any single internet package

• Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items

• One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at discounted price of $20 during cruises of 12 nights or longer

*Note: Tier credits are earned by sailing with Celebrity or Azamara Cruises. Additional credits can be earned by sailing for 12 nights or longer and/or sailing in a Concierge Class Stateroom, AquaClassSM Stateroom or Suite.

Onboard benefits are exclusive to Celebrity sailings

What are some of the perks you get with Celebrity after 7 cruises? Just to be able to compare to Royal Caribbean.

Although it was not always so, the Captain's Club benefits now are much better, in my opinion, than C&A. A lot of it depends on what you like and do on board but the new C&A benefits are mostly a marketing ploy to encourage you buy stuff with a small discount. On the other hand the coupons do make good bookmarks :D

Captain's Club benefits at Diamond =Elite include the lounge that used to be on all RCCL ships (but is now limited to a few), free internet and some other things we like.

Best go to the respective websites and compare to see which one YOU prefer at your level.

Archived